MILONIC menu not disappearing + Menu hide/show bug

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Peter Chamberlin
Beginner
Beginner

MILONIC menu not disappearing + Menu hide/show bug

Post by Peter Chamberlin »

I am one of the developers of a new website for a not-for-profit organisation. This can be seen at...

http://www.nationalcareforum.org.uk/newsite/website/

I have utilised the Milonic menu within a table cell, but have two issues.

1. The Left menu tab often displays "MILONIC" even though the link back to http://milonic.com is right next to it, I suspect because the page code scan is triggering too early. An F5 refresh shows it frequently, whereas fetching the page from cache doesn't.

2. The first menu, and only the first menu, has an irritating bug where when moving the cursor between the menu tab and the popup menu below the menu itself disappears, then reappears.

These bugs occur in both IE6 and Firefox. I accept that they may be caused by some scripting issue of my own, but I cannot find any fault against the online documentation.

I suspect issue number 2 has something to do with the top and left offsets that I have applied to the menu, causing something to go awry with scripted hotspots.

I also note that the menu system seems to be rendering very slowly on the site, though this could be due to the complexity of the table structure it is within.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

First problem - you have removed all the copyright notices from each of the code files. This is an absolute no-no. Among other things we can no longer see the version of the code you are running.

From the comments you removed...
All Copyright statements must always remain in place in all files at all times
Kindly replace them all in their entirety and we'll be happy to take a look.
John
Peter Chamberlin
Beginner
Beginner

Using Latest Version

Hmm, so they are. I'll be updating with newly downloaded version 5.0 source in case something else was changed too.
Peter Chamberlin
Beginner
Beginner

Problems Fixed Already

With respect to the newer version 5.52 the problems seem to have disappeared. I've just registered a licence for the soon to be live domain.