Opening a Browser Window Problem

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
runlikehell
Beginner
Beginner

Opening a Browser Window Problem

Post by runlikehell »

Hi,

I am using the targetfeatures property to open a browser window of a certain height an width. I have included an example of the code below.

Now the interesting bit, on my computer the browser window opens and then promptly dissapears after less than a second! BUT on computer number two (with the same operating system) everything works as advertised and the window stays open until the user closes it - you can visit http://www.stsliftoff.com to see for yourself - use the "orbiters" dropdown and select anything. Well does it stay open or doesn't it. Is it just MY computer being weird.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thanks Mike

aI("text=Pathfinder;url=http://www.stsliftoff.com/Orbiters/Path ... =width=650 height=550 scrollbars=yes");
perldev
Mega User
Mega User

Post by perldev »

I tested your site. The popup stays open for both IE 6 and FF 1.
runlikehell
Beginner
Beginner

Post by runlikehell »

Thanks PerlDev Perhaps it is just a WindowsXP SP2 thing :-)

Mike
perldev
Mega User
Mega User

Post by perldev »

Mine is XP Pro+SP2.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Mike,
I'd check the SP2 settings, security stuff.

Ruth
runlikehell
Beginner
Beginner

Post by runlikehell »

Hi,

I found out why the browser window was closing - Ad-aware adwatch. I run this program to stop tracking cookies being written to my hard disk. For some reason this program closes windows that it thinks is trying to make a registry change. Not sure why this happens but I disable the memory resident program and browser windows open fine.

Mike