Transparency settings

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Streetwise
Advanced
Advanced

Transparency settings

Post by Streetwise »

http://www.missionmeadows.org/new.php

Is it possible to leave offbgcolor="transparent" for the main menu, but then have a separate offbgcolor for the submenu?

Also, I understand that FireFox doesn't respond to the overfilter and outfilter commands? Is that correct?

Last of all (this may be a duplicate post from an earlier question) How do I align the submenus to work with IE6 since they are so far off? FireFox renders them fine. Also in IE, the Z layer position is in the back.

Thanks!

Dave Anderson
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Streetwise wrote:Is it possible to leave offbgcolor="transparent" for the main menu, but then have a separate offbgcolor for the submenu?
Yes, you can define as many styles as you want and assign them to the relative menus. So, you could define a menuStyle, then a subStyle, even a subStyle1, etc. making each have the particular parameters. If you are only changing one or two parameters for a substyle, there is a method called copyof to define that menu style. There's a section called Beginners' Guide which talks at a real basic level about styles. This is the section of using copyOf
Streetwise wrote:Also, I understand that FireFox doesn't respond to the overfilter and outfilter commands? Is that correct?
That is correct. The overfilter/outfilter parameter is actually the IE Filters and Transitions. They are proprietary to Internet Explorer, and use DirectX I believe.
Streetwise wrote:How do I align the submenus to work with IE6 since they are so far off? FireFox renders them fine. Also in IE, the Z layer position is in the back.
You have the menu in a div, that is causing the problem, the menu doesn't like being in divs, it's made up of divs spans etc. You need to move the calls for the menu to just after the body tag.

Ruth