HELP - _mi[...].0 is null or not an object

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
sharlyn
Beginner
Beginner

HELP - _mi[...].0 is null or not an object

Post by sharlyn »

I get this error as soon as I try and use the menu. Test site is http://Sharlyn.dreamteamtech.com I am using version 5.52. I believe the error is in the milonic_src.js file. What did I do wrong?

_mi[...].0 is null or not an object
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I think that means it is not reading the files. Check your paths and make sure the milonic_src, mmenudom, mmenuns4 files are where the paths say.

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You will need to update from 5.52 to the current 5.7 version for assistance (only the current version is supported). Also, make sure you're using the unsupported code for frames with the v5 series menu system. You can find posts on it by using the Search function.
John
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Sharlyn,

The error is because you are using menu code that is not licensed for your domain. In the menu code, the license appears to be for http://arapahoe.littletonpublicschools.net (which is currently using v3.5.12, from January, 2003). But the domain you referred to is http://Sharlyn.dreamteamtech.com. The domains don't match.

Whether your menu code is correctly licensed or not, I can't tell, although it seems odd that the license info is dated Tuesday February 3, 2004, but it's version 5.52 (which came out Nov. 4, 2004)... not sure what's going on there. In any case, the menu will not work if (1) you try to use menu code on a domain other than the one it's licensed for, or (2) you change the license info in the menu's .js files (note the comment in the files that reads "//Please Note, Changing the license details here will break the menu").

If you're trying to upgrade the site from version 3 to version 5, you might want to download a free evaluation copy first and try that out. When you're satisfied that it'll work (and it will!), then you could apply for a free license for a non-profit organization.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
sharlyn
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sharlyn »

HI Kevin,

I have three licenses for arapahoe, littleton, and heritage. I am trying to upgrade them all from 3 to 5. I will change from 5.52 to 5.71. This is what is happening... I went to my account and I see my three licenses listed. I clicked on download next to my arapahoe licence and go to download the menu I want. When I open the files on my computer, they are all showing the license info for littleton, not arapahoe. So I changed the license info, and therefore broke the menu.

I need help downloading with the correct license info in the files.

Thanks!
Sharlyn
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Sharalyn,
You'll need to contact Milonic direct about the license problem.

Ruth