Hello need help.

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Puckett
Beginner
Beginner

Hello need help.

Post by Puckett »

ok i download your menu the free ones. i like to use them on my site.

if you look at this site.

http://www.thecollegeendzone.com/index.php

if you see where it said The Dugout.com and underneat it said Fans of MLB Baseball.

ok i like to put the menu just underneat that. i have try so many times to to try it and it never will work.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

If this is some kind of phpbb setup or something similar, I think you have to put the menu into the 'overall_header.tmp' or whatever it's called for the postnuke.

Ruth
Puckett
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Puckett »

Yes it is postnuke. would that be header.php

if so where would i put it at. thank for the reply.
Puckett
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Puckett »

ok i did that and it not showing up.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I'm sorry, I can't help you on that. You'd need to go to the postnuke forums. Probably that header.tmp is the one. I know in phpbb there are header.tmp but there is also one called overall_header.tmp which is a particular header that repeats in various forum sections [help, post, etc]

One thing to remember, don't put the menu in a div because it will break in some browsers, so what you want to do is set it for a particular top=x and left=x number of pixels.

I was looking at the page, did you want it in the medium green area, which seems to be empty and would be high enough so that you could place it there in the center of it and there wouldn't be a position issue between browsers or as a result of how someone has their fontsize set. If you want it there, I suggest you put it as top=80; [somewhere near that] and I'd put it as left =100; That should put the left edge as beginning just about where the .com begins of The Dugout . com

Ruth
Puckett
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Puckett »

ok i will give that a try.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,
I should have been a bit clearer :oops: When you find out which template [header, overall_header, or whatever it's called] then you would put the call for the menus immediately after the body tag:

Code: Select all

<body>

<!-- Milonic DHTML Website Navigation Menu Version 5.0+
Copyright 2004 (c) Milonic Solutions Limited (UK). All Rights Reserved.
Please visit http://milonic.com/ for more information.
Although this software may have been freely downloaded, you must obtain a license before using it in any production environment.	
The free use of this menu is only available for Non-Profit, Educational & Personal Web Sites who have obtained a license to use. 	 
Free, Commercial and Corporate Licenses are available from our website.
You also need to include a link back to http://milonic.com/ if you use the free license.

All Copyright notices MUST remain in place at ALL times. 
This includes the first three lines of this notice on every page that uses the menu.
If you cannot comply with all of the above requirements, please contact us to arrange a license waiver.
-->	
<script type="text/javascript" src="milonic_src.js"></script>	
<script	type="text/javascript">

if(ns4)_d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenuns4.js><\/scr"+"ipt>");		
  else _d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenudom.js><\/scr"+"ipt>"); 

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="menu_data.js"></script>

Of course you would put in the paths necessary to your files.

Ruth
Puckett
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Puckett »

thank you.

the postnuke did not come with a forum so it would be theme.php or header.php for where i would need to put it in.

i did how every try to put it in a file call master.htm that was in one of the theme.

and that did not work.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi
There is a forum for postnuke at the postnuke site. I see it in the navigation at the top. There is also a set of links at the left, one for the documentation which may give you information on how to modify the theme.

Ruth