Testing menu changes ...

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
SkyFlyer
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Testing menu changes ...

Post by SkyFlyer »

I want to thank Ruth and Kevin for pointing out the interactive filter demo.
If any of you have questions about filters, check it out.
http://support.milonic.com/demos/filters/

I have another issue that I really haven't been able to figure out.
I have a working menu (at least sort of).
I make a few changes, and all of a sudden, nothing shows up in my browser. Probably a keypuch error, missing semicolon, quote, whatever.
It is so frustrating if you have made a number of changes and then do not know where the error is.
Does one need to save after each single change and test it out?
Does anyone have a recommended way of making changes and testing them out. Or is it just trial and error until you get it right?
Any thoughts on this.
Thanks ...
Nuffsaid ...
Bob
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I can tell you my method and maybe that will give you some ideas.

I use a, more or less, wysiwyg page editor, put the page and all the menu files in the same folder, open the page and the data file in the editor. It has an 'undo' option, so when I do something in the data file, I click save, then view the page in the editor. If it's ok, I go on, if not I do the undo and start again.

When you put the page up, if the menu isn't showing and you don't get an error message, you need to check the path and the name of the data file. Sometimes people change the name and forget to make that change on their page so the data file isn't being called.

Ruth