Performance Problem?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
meik.kaufmann@awd.de
Beginner
Beginner

Performance Problem?

Post by meik.kaufmann@awd.de »

Hi !
We are using the 5.0 menu on our site

http://www.awd.de

We are generating the menus dynamically with a content management system, so we have to place the menu items inside the page instead of placing it in a seperate file. The CMS would not recognize a change in a file within an acceptable time...
The menu is placed relative inside a table.

Do you think the menu can go faster than it actually does right now? Could the code be improved somehow?
Any suggestions would be very welcome! :roll:
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,
You need to upgrade to the newest version, you're on 5.39. Also, as you mentioned, you have the menu in a table, one of the things mentioned in putting the menu in a table is:
Also, you must ONLY insert the main menu inside the table cell, all other sub menus MUST be positioned outside of the table or any other HTML object this includes DIV's and SPAN's.
It goes on to say their in the menu_data file that has been loaded as one of the first objects after the BODY tag and are all independent of other HTML objects. I realize you said you had them all on the page because of the dynamic generation, but I'm wondering if you need to move them to right after the body tag instead of in the table cell, which it says not to do..... and the table is in a div which is also noted as they shouldn't be in a div. There are two information areas for putting menus in a table, menusample9 and tablemenu

Ruth
meik.kaufmann@awd.de
Beginner
Beginner

Post by meik.kaufmann@awd.de »

Thanks for the fast answer. I will try it out. It will take some time to see the results on the net.