Textsize in Header

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jimsohn
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Textsize in Header

Post by jimsohn »

To set the scene:
This is a browser and page specific concern. With IE my comments do not apply as they do with NS and Firefox. Also this concern is page specific. The page referenced below is the only page this concern appears on.

Please look at http://www.gbgm-umc.org/wesley-va/prayerrequest.html then move your cursor over to the next button which is 'Whats New'. Take a look at the text in the header. It appears much larger than the 11 fontsize I have set.

I also use a a couple of headers in the last button "Contact & Map' and the text appears OK there.

If you go to any other page on the website the separator text appears with the correct font size as set up in the menu properties:

Code: Select all

aI("type=header;fontsize=11;fontfamily=comic sans MS;text=Beginning Sunday March 6th in Room #1 of the Fellowship Hall<br>any interested adult is welcome to attend a start up Sunday School Class.<br>We will meet at 8:45 for fellowship. <b>Yummies will be provided as well as Coffee</b><br>and we will begin class at 9:00 and go until 9:45.<br>For the first few weeks we will be led by the Pastor and he will use the<br>Sermon texts of that Sunday as the basis for his class.<br>Please plan to attend and make this a part of your journey with God;");
jimsohn
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by jimsohn »

So that you dont spend much time on this one.....I tried including the milonic code in both the head and body with same results. Then Icopied all of the code from the problem page and created a new page.

Anyway with this new page the header text is the correct size. I would still be curious if anyone has any idea why I experienced the large text on this particular page.

The new page is located at:
http://www.gbgm-umc.org/wesley-va/prayer.html

I havent renamed the new page yet to conform to the website nav so the problem link I provided is still there. I will rename the new page tomorrow.

So the problem page is still at:
http://www.gbgm-umc.org/wesley-va/prayerrequest.html

Thanks,
Jim
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

The error is here:

aI("text=General News Items;url=new.html;onfunction=showtip('<b>General News Items</b)');");
That should be

onfunction=showtip('<b>General News Items</b>');");
Note the added > in the closing bold tag, and the removal of the ) which was put in it's place.

Ruth
jimsohn
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by jimsohn »

Thank you Ruth. Agree that the

Items</b)');");
was incorrect and should have been

Items</b>');");
. I have corrected it.

That, however, wasnt the problem that I was explaining. The problem is with the font size that appears on the header on this particular menu button on this
prayerrequest.html
page using NS or Firefox.

If you use NS you can still view the enlarged font on this page:
As I mentioned I copied the code from the prayerrequest.html page to a new page and the button/separator on this new page now shows up properly. I didnt do anything that I know of other than just copy the code and paste it into a new page which is at:
For some reason this new page exhibits the intended font size on the separator.

I am quite sure that the problem is not with the menu, but it is interesting how the separator behaves between pages.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

What is the intended fontsize? I only see 75%. Someone else will have to check it, I can't find any problem. Both Netscape6 and 7 seem to make the fontsize 100% period. It's like with a percentage, Netscape decides that it will use it's percentage setting. Sorry, I can't find anything.

Ruth
jimsohn
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by jimsohn »

Thanks for looking. The fontsize is set for 11.

aI("type=header;fontsize=11;fontfamily=comic sans MS;text=Beginning Sunday March 6th in Room #1 of the Fellowship Hall<br>any interested adult is welcome to attend a start up Sunday School Class.<br>We will meet at 8:45 for fellowship. <b>Yummies will be provided as well as Coffee</b><br>and we will begin class at 9:00 and go until 9:45.<br>For the first few weeks we will be led by the Pastor and he will use the<br>Sermon texts of that Sunday as the basis for his class.<br>Please plan to attend and make this a part of your journey with God;");