How to load the menu in background after page has loaded...

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
NORMN11
Beginner
Beginner

How to load the menu in background after page has loaded...

Post by NORMN11 »

I have a problem in that the menu_data.js fiel is over 250k b/c i have 6700 sublevel in the menu..
product classes,type,subtype,category..

its a pita..
any way.. the sidebar takes a good 10 seconds to load b/c its taking a while to draw.. i want to know if there is a way to download the menu after the intital page load so that it will load the page first then load the side menu..

any thoughts??
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I remember seeing a post where it was suggested that all the codes to call the menu be put the last thing before the closing body tag. There is also a boolean in the menu called BuildAllMenus which you can read about in the menu quick reference guide for global properties Perhaps one of those will do it for you.

Ruth
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi NORMN11,

What release of version 5 are you using? Sounds like it could be an old one to me. Got a url we can check?

Kevin
NORMN11
Beginner
Beginner

url to see the problem

Post by NORMN11 »

http://helby.tshinc.com/cgi-bin/olecgi.exe/browse725

its a cgi - it actually is a mix of servers the core page is an iis server but the image server and the servie with the css and js files on it is an AIX rs6000 running apache..

norm
<update>
i just tested with firefox 1.01 vs ie 6.0
and its at least twice as fast - perhpas there is somethng in IE liek that ie i read about in the forums?
also on the browse page there is less updating - to see the real issue i need to setup a login - but the site has security so email me if you are interested in a login..