License Question

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Marc_J
Advanced
Advanced

License Question

Post by Marc_J »

I am probably going to use Milonic DHTML Menu as it seems to do everything I need.

The website it is for is still in development and I am currently using a work-in-progress domain to test. Is the domain hard-coded into the license, or will it work without adding Milonic links at the test domain while I develop the site?

Thanks.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

It's hard coded. You could always use the unlicensed version to design the menu, leave out the Home item [Milonic link would show there] Then when it's all done and ready, put back the Home item, save the menu_data.js file to your licensed version, and upload it to the licensed site. You can name the menu_data.js file anything you want since it is a user defined file, my_data.js etc.

Ruth
Marc_J
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Marc_J »

I suppose buying a license for the development domain (this would be a subdomain of my web design domain) and then transferring that to the final domain when required is not possible?

Placing a link to Milonic on the page, or having a "home" item to Milonic included in the menu, both mess with page design a little :(
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

You would have to go to the main site and look for contact Milonic and contact them with regard to buying and transfering.

Ruth