Mac IE Link Text

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
dwren
Beginner
Beginner

Mac IE Link Text

Post by dwren »

Hi,

I am not sure if this is an issue with the way milonic has been implemented or if it is a mac ie bug, anyway here we go:

*url removed*

The menu displays fine on most browsers except mac ie, it appears that the link text of the top menu does not respond to the hover event. The menu only displays when you move the cursor over the active area to the left or right of the text.

I would like to know if any milonic mac gurus out there can spot anything obvious in the code which might be causing this problem. I understand that using a miloinic menu inside a div can cause extra problems on macs, so I have changed this to a table on the dev server here and I still get the same problem. Also the code was not written by me so I am not as up to speed of all the intricacies of milonic as I ought to be, so be gentle!

Thanks
Last edited by dwren on Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

I don't have IE/Mac here, or anywhere for that matter, to take a look, but I am wondering two things...

1. Why worry about IE/Mac? It's a dead product.

2. Why is drawMenus(); commented out in your _data file?

You are also 14 levels down in your code. Current is 5.723, which is required for support.
John
dwren
Beginner
Beginner

Post by dwren »

Hi John,
1. Why worry about IE/Mac? It's a dead product.
I agree, but the client for this project *only* uses IE/Mac, and when the contract was agreed, part of it was that it would work on IE/Mac (it's not part of my job description in this case to re-educate the client ;) )
2. Why is drawMenus(); commented out in your _data file?
It's commented out so the menu isn't drawn at the same time the data file is called, i have inserted drawMenus(); in the main body to control where in the doc flow it should be placed. As i said before it is not my implementation, just my starting point, so i realise not everything is setup as it should be.
You are also 14 levels down in your code.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this?

Thanks for the reply
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You're running v5.691. Current is 5.723. We can only support the current version. You can get the new one at http://milonic.com/.
John
dwren
Beginner
Beginner

Post by dwren »

Ah i see, i will get the new version installed!

Thanks!
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Let us know when you get it updated if it still has the problem.

Ruth
dwren
Beginner
Beginner

Resolution

Post by dwren »

Hi Ruth / John,

Apologies for the late reply.

Upgrading to the latest code seems to have fixed the problem, thanks for the help!

Cheers

David