FireFox horizontal bar when width="100%"

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
mbjones
Beginner
Beginner

FireFox horizontal bar when width="100%"

Post by mbjones »

When using menuwidth="100%" on my main menu, FireFox adds a horizontal scroll bar and the menu is slightly wider than the page. Internet Explorer displays the page perfectly fine and as expected (go figure, it's usually the other way around).

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem. I do not have the <script></script> code inside a <DIV> or a <TABLE>, it's just in the middle of the page (where I want the menu to appear).

I do not have an example at this time, as it's on an internal network, but I could export a sample of it if necessary, but I would think other people are also experiencing this problem.

FireFox v1.0.4 for WinXP
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Without seeing the page we can only speculate, however, usually something like that has to to with margins in the browsers. NONE of them render the 'automatic' margins the same --the ones that are there if you put nothing in a page about margins at all-- So, I'd try setting the body margins at 0 and see what happens. If you already have that, then I"d check for any margin or padding coding in css. And, also make sure you have the latest version of the menu, sometimes they come pretty quick due to fixing a minor item.

Ruth