Can't see the menu on my page

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jesusfreakdotcom
Beginner
Beginner

Can't see the menu on my page

Post by jesusfreakdotcom »

I've just uploaded all of the Javascript files to my directory for my home page but can't see the menu yet. Is there something else I need to do before the menu appears? The test page I've got this on is jesusfreak.com/ilikejesus_test.asp. The script looks OK in the source code for the page--I just cut-and-pasted it--but it's not showing up. Anyone have any insight??

Chad
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I don't know if this is the problem, but you have double quotes around the mmenuns4.js and the mmenudom.js. Try removing the quotes or make them single

Code: Select all

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
	if(ns4)_d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenuns4.js><\/scr"+"ipt>");		
	  else _d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenudom.js><\/scr"+"ipt>"); 
	</SCRIPT>
Ruth
jesusfreakdotcom
Beginner
Beginner

Ruth wrote:I don't know if this is the problem, but you have double quotes around the mmenuns4.js and the mmenudom.js. Try removing the quotes or make them single

Code: Select all

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
	if(ns4)_d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenuns4.js><\/scr"+"ipt>");		
	  else _d.write("<scr"+"ipt type=text/javascript src=mmenudom.js><\/scr"+"ipt>"); 
	</SCRIPT>
Ruth
That worked like a charm. Thanks. :grin: Now how can I move the men down below the header and center it?
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Well, if you know the height of the header, then set your top position just below that, i.e. if the header is 40px high, set top=45px; and add screenposition="center"; getting rid of left=10;

Ruth
jesusfreakdotcom
Beginner
Beginner

Ruth wrote:Well, if you know the height of the header, then set your top position just below that, i.e. if the header is 40px high, set top=45px; and add screenposition="center"; getting rid of left=10;

Ruth

Oh, OK, I'm just now starting to modify all of my settings, but that looks like it'll do the trick. Thanks for your help, Ruth.

Chad