stair stepping a menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
kxojbob
Beginner
Beginner

stair stepping a menu

Post by kxojbob »

Hello,

I have not found this covered so I thought I sould post a new topic. I know how to do what I am proposing using SEVERAL distinct menus, but to save on editing I wanted to know if it could be done with ONE menu:

I want to stairstep the main headings down to match a layout design.

So if my main categories were "home, about us, products, contact" the word "home" and it's respective drop down list would happen at say 30 pixels down and 50 pixels from left, while "about us" and it's drop down would occur at 60 pixels down and 75 pixels left.

Possible at all? Worth asking I guess...

Thanks,
Bob
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Well, assuming I am visualizing from words what you really mean, you can do it in one menu file. Just create a different menu for each of those words, making each alwaysvisible and setting it's position as you have listed them.

i.e.

Code: Select all

with(milonic=new menuname("home")){
alwaysvisible=1;
left=50;
style=menuStyle;
top=30;
aI("text=Home;showmenu=whatever;url=http://milonic.com/;");}

with(milonic=new menuname("aboutus")){
alwaysvisible=1;
left=75;
style=menuStyle;
top=60;
aI("text=About Us;showmenu=us;");}
And, so on for those you want to be these 'stairs' In effect you are treating each one of what would normally be an item in an alwaysvisible main menu as an alwaysvisible menu in its own right.

Ruth
kxojbob
Beginner
Beginner

Post by kxojbob »

Well I tried that and the menus showed up right but the headings of those menus "the actual words" showed up horizontally aligned at the top.

I will keep trying.

Thanks!
Bob
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

What do you mean the words were horizontally aligned? We need to see a test page with an explanation of what you want it to do as opposed to what it is doing. Trying to figure out what you want with just words is next to impossible. The menu also is by default vertical, so if you want it horizontal you need to specify orientation=horizontal.

Ruth