Spacing between the dropdown menu and sub menus

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
okanaganracing.com
Beginner
Beginner

Spacing between the dropdown menu and sub menus

Post by okanaganracing.com »

How do I adjust the spacing between the drop down menu and it's sub menu. I have moved the shadow to 180 because it is not recognized in Netscape 8. Now the sub menus are right next to the drop downs.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

As long as you are not talking about off setting the first level from a horizontal menu, if you look at the top of your menu_data.js file you will see subOffsetTop= and subOffsetLeft= that's where you put how many pixels you want to offset the submenu from the parent.

The shadow and things are actually from the IE Filters and Transitions. If you want to see the different ones you could use there's an interactive DEMO It's the first one on the Demos page. You are correct that none of that will show in any browser but IE, nor will they affect how the menu looks in any but IE.

Ruth
okanaganracing.com
Beginner
Beginner

I need to go right?

Hi Ruth,

Here is the link that I am working on right now. I am making a template for the rest of the site.
http://www.okanaganracing.com/blanktemplate.htm
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

The part you want to adjust is at the top of the menu_data.js file

Code: Select all

_subOffsetTop=2;
_subOffsetLeft=-2;
Those will not do anything to the first level submenus, the Events, Clubs, ChooseSport etc. Those menus drop from a horizontal and position themselves immediately at the bottom of the horizontal menu. You can do some adjusting of that by using top="offset=x"; and left=offset=y"; in the actual submenu. But, you'd need to check it in different browsers to see if they positioned the same in them.

The subsub menus, the ones that come off your first vertical dropdowns will be positioned based on the coding in the top of the menu_data.js file. Right now you the left position set at -2 so it will move left over its parent menu. If you want it to be farther right, change that to 0 which puts it at the same place as the right side of its parent, or set it to a positive to shift it even farther right.

Hope that helps.

Ruth
okanaganracing.com
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks!

Hi Ruth,

Thanks, that worked wonderfully.

I went with these settings:

_subOffsetTop=2;
_subOffsetLeft=3;