Problem with size of the menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
messtones
Beginner
Beginner

Problem with size of the menu

Post by messtones »

Hi there,

i changed the menu within de current files like i downloaded them. No problem and it looks cool!

So i try to integrate it within my new website but suddenly it's very small. I used the default font Tahoma 11px but everything (including the images) are a lot smaller. See http://www.messtones.com/beta/

In the original index.htm no problem and i placed the code directly beneath the body tag or even in the head, doesn't matter..

Could somelbody help me pls...

Regards Raymond
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Try changing the fontsize in your styles from 70% to 11px.

Also, your css call is out of place, It should be in the head.
John
messtones
Beginner
Beginner

Post by messtones »

Ok that helped, thanx. Still got 1 pproblem i couldn't see earlier: my first link is called hoofdpagina (home) but when mouseover the whole menu it changes in milonic.. strange...
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Not strange at all. That's our copy protection for unlicensed menus. When you get a license it will automatically go away.
John
messtones
Beginner
Beginner

Post by messtones »

But in the standard folder/index.htm i don't get such link in it.

Anyway, i haven't registered a domainname but it wil be a free download website for msn messenger. What steps can i take the best?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

See this page for info. Note you must qualify as a non-profit as described there.
John
messtones
Beginner
Beginner

Post by messtones »

I did as you've said/I read but it isn't going away

http://www.messtones.com/beta/

3 more things i can't find to solve:

1. Is it possible open a link from within the menu in a new windows?
2. How can i center the menu without getting large scrollbars? I did the trick i found on http://milonic.com/menusample26.php but that and my page got large scrollbars beneath..
3. I use seperators in the menu but they hightlight on mouseover, how can i use them and don't mouse-over.

Thank you very much for your great support!

Regards
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I don't know about the Milonic link. But, as to the other items, you'd use the target=_blank; feature target=_new; so in the aI you'd have the url=whatever;target=_blank; opens a new window.

I didn't see any scrollbars. Where are you getting scroll bars?

As to the separators, why are you using an aI string with text= |? You have the option to have separatorsize=1, separatorcolor=whatevercolor, separatorpadding= I'm not sure why you're making a separate item for that.