Vertical Static Menu positioning

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
rmagan
Beginner
Beginner

Vertical Static Menu positioning

Post by rmagan »

I have a html page with multiple DIV tags. When I try your menu, it is displaying on top of my other content, I know I can adjust top/left attributes, but I need to display this in my DIV.
rmagan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by rmagan »

I changed the position to realtive and it seems to work.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I just wanted to warn you that some browsers may have a fit with the menu in a div. Depending on the layout, I think that IE, NN, and FF don't usually have problems, but IE on the mac probably will, and maybe older FF and Safari. It has to do with how browsers render divs, usually to do with positioning: absolute and relative. If you note on the web different layouts for divs you'll see things like IE hack, Mozilla fix, etc., and some workaround.

WIthout seeing the layout, I can't really give you a definitive 'do this' but I know a lot of people have used divs and in the layout put the menu in a table which is outside the divs. For example, div1, div2, table, div3 div4 and so on. Again, that depends on whether your layout will allow it.

Ruth