Invalid Arguement

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
webmaster
Advanced
Advanced

Invalid Arguement

Post by webmaster »

For let me thank you for the support regarding my bgcolor problem. I should have known. Having fixed that and made a few changes to the images, when I launch my website, I receive an ERROR MESSAGE with IE.

I have checked and checked, but can't seem to find any errors!

The error only occurs on on the 2nd item down from the submenus.
This is the error code!

Line: 21
Char: 6436
Error: Invalid Argument
Code: 0.

Here is my menu_data.js ...

fixMozillaZIndex=true; //Fixes Z-Index problem with Mozilla browsers but causes odd scrolling problem, toggle to see if it helps
_menuCloseDelay=500;

_menuOpenDelay=150;

_subOffsetTop=0;
_subOffsetLeft=0;

with(horizStyle=new mm_style()){
bordercolor="#999999";
borderstyle="outset";
borderwidth=5;
fontfamily="arial, tahoma";
fontsize="85%";
fontstyle="normal";
offbgcolor="#0000FF";
offcolor="#FFFFFF";
onbgcolor="#FEFAD2";
onborder="1px solid #999999";
oncolor="#FF0000";
onsubimage="images/Dhtml_Menu/on_downboxed.gif";
overbgimage="images/Dhtml_Menu/backon_beige.gif";
padding=3;
separatoralign="right";
separatorcolor="#999999";
separatorwidth="85%";
subimage="images/Dhtml_Menu/downboxed.gif";
}

with(vertStyle=new mm_style()){
styleid=1;
bordercolor="#999999";
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth=1;
fontsize="75%";
fontstyle="normal";
image="images/Dhtml_Menu/18_blank.gif";
imagepadding=3;
menubgimage="images/Dhtml_Menu/backoff_blue.gif";
offbgcolor="images/Dhtml_Menu/transparent";
offcolor="#000000";
onbgcolor="#FEFAD2";
oncolor="#FF0000";
onsubimage="images/Dhtml_Menu/on_13x13_greyboxed.gif";
outfilter="randomdissolve(duration=0.2)";
overfilter="Fade(duration=0.1);Alpha(opacity=95);Shadow(color='#777777', Direction=135, Strength=3)";
padding=3;
separatoralign="right";
separatorcolor="#999999";
separatorpadding=1;
separatorwidth="85%";
subimage="images/Dhtml_Menu/black_13x13_greyboxed.gif";
menubgcolor="#F5F5F5";
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Mainmenu")){
alwaysvisible=1;
followscroll=1;
left=10;
orientation="horizontal";
style=horizStyle;
top=0;
aI("text=Home;title=Return to The World's Playground Home Page;url=index.htm;");
aI("showmenu=About;text=About Us;");
aI("showmenu=First Aid;text=First Aid Services;");
aI("showmenu=Education;text=Educational Services;");
aI("showmenu=Computers;text=Computer Services;");
aI("showmenu=Entertainment;text=Birthday Parties;");
aI("showmenu=Links;text=Links;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("About")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
top="offset=2";
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/twp_about.gif;text=About Us;url=about_us.htm");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/index.gif;text=Index of Services;url=allservices.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/contact.gif;text=Contact Us;url=contact_us.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/accolades.gif;text=Accolades;url=accolades.htm;");
aI("showmenu=Articles;image=images/Dhtml_Menu/articles.gif;text=Articles/News;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Articles")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
aI("text=Literacy for Children;url=article_spalding.htm;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("First Aid")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
top="offset=2";
aI("showmenu=FA Courses;image=images/Dhtml_Menu/fa_courses.gif;text=First Aid Training/Courses;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/fa_enquiry.gif;text=First Aid Enquiry;url=Firstaid_enquiry.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/booking.gif;text=First Aid Booking;url=Firstaid_booking.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/onlinestore.gif;text=Online First Aid Store;url=http://www.twp-firstaid.vstore.ca;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/fa_search.gif;text=First Aid Equipment Search;url=Firstaid_kits&equipment.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/fa_poster.gif;text=First Aid Posters;url=http://www.twp-firstaid.vstore.ca;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/requestform.gif;text=Industry Request Form;url=bus_request.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/accreditation.gif;text=First Aid Accreditations;url=Firstaid_accreditation.htm;");
aI("text=Sample of First Aid Certificate;url=ex_cert_thumbnail.htm;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("FA Courses")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
aI("text=Basic CPR;url=Firstaid_CourseBasicCPRFA.htm;");
aI("text=Practical - Level 2 -;url=Firstaid_CourseHomeStudyFA.htm;");
aI("text=Advance Oxygen and Resuscitation;url=Firstaid_CourseAdvResFa.htm;");
aI("text=Work Cover Level 2 - Senior;url=Firstaid_CourseWorkCoverFA.htm;");
aI("text=Teachers First Aid;url=Firstaid_CourseTeacherFA.htm;");
aI("text=Advance First Aid;url=Firstaid_CourseAdvFA.htm;");
aI("text=Remote/Bush First Aid;url=Firstaid_CourseRemoteFA.htm;");
aI("text=Sports First Aid;url=Firstaid_CourseSportsFA.htm;");
aI("text=First Aid for staff in Nursing Homes;url=Firstaid_CourseNursingFA.htm;");
aI("text=Occupational Health & Safety First Aid;url=Firstaid_CourseOH&SFA.htm;");
aI("text=First aid for Children/Students;url=Firstaid_CourseChildFA.htm;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Education")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
top="offset=2";
aI("showmenu=KIDS;image=images/Dhtml_Menu/KIDSpublic.gif;text=KIDS Personal Development Program;url=kids_public.htm;onfunction=showtip('Fitness program for children aged 7-14 years old.')");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/KIDSschool.gif;text=KIDS Fitness Program for Schools/Students;url=kids_school.htm;onfunction=showtip('Fun interactive school program for all grades.<br>Based on the PDHPE Syllabus.')");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/requestform.gif;text=KIDS Enquiry;url=kids_school.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/tutoring.gif;text=Primary School Tutoring;url=tutoring.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/fa_courses.gif;text=First Aid For School Students;url=Firstaid_CourseChildFA.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/pc.gif;text=Computer Workshops;url=computertutorials.htm;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("KIDS")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
aI("text=What is KIDS?;url=kids_info_sheet.htm#What is K I D S?;");
aI("text=What is KIDS based on?;url=kids_info_sheet.htm#What is K I D S based on?;");
aI("text=Who established KIDS?;url=kids_info_sheet.htm#Who established K I D S?;");
aI("text=What is the training program like?;url=kids_info_sheet.htm#What is the training program like?;");
aI("text=What age group does it cater for?;url=kids_info_sheet.htm#What age group does it cater for?;");
aI("text=What days of the week does the program run?;url=kids_info_sheet.htm#What days of the week does the program run?;");
aI("text=What is the cost of the program?;url=kids_info_sheet.htm#What is the cost of the program?;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Computers")){
margin=3;
overflow="scroll";
style=vertStyle;
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/onlinestore.gif;text=Online Computer Store;url=http://www.twp-computers.vstore.ca;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/upgrade.gif;text=Computer Upgrades;url=http://www.twp-computers.vstore.ca;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/com_parts.gif;text=Computer Parts/Accessories;url=http://www.twp-computers.vstore.ca;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/pc_search.gif;text=Free Computer Parts Search;url=ComputerUpgrades.htm;onfunction=showtip('Search for the best priced computer part or accessory<br>FOR FREE<br>We will do all the searching for the cheapest and<br>best computer part or accessory for you at no COST.')");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/pc_make.gif;text=Design your own Computer;url=make_package_deal.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/repairs.gif;text=Computer Repairs;url=computerservices.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/techsupport.gif;text=Technical Support;url=computerservices.htm;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Entertainment")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
top="offset=2";
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/party_kidsrock.gif;text=KIDSROCK Entertainment;url=birthdays.htm;");
aI("showmenu=Groups;image=images/Dhtml_Menu/party_age.gif;text=Party Age Groups;");
aI("showmenu=Packages;image=images/Dhtml_Menu/party_package.gif;text=Party Packages;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/party_cake.gif;text=Party Cakes;url=Birthdays/BirthdayCakes.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/party_options.gif;text=Party Options;url=Birthdays/Party_Options.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/party_zoicks.gif;text=Professor Zoicks Party Show;url=Birthdays/Professor_Zoicks.htm;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Groups")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
top="offset=2";
aI("text=Ankle Biters;url=Birthdays/AnkleBiter.htm;");
aI("text=Kiddie Winks;url=Birthdays/KiddieWinks.htm;");
aI("text=Teeny Boppers;url=Birthdays/TeenyBopper.htm;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Packages")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
top="offset=2";
aI("text=General's Party;url=Birthdays/GeneralParty.htm;");
aI("text=CrackerJack Party;url=Birthdays/CrackerjackParty.htm;");
aI("text=Dynamite;url=Birthdays/DynamiteParty.htm;");
aI("text=Creme DE LA Creme;url=Birthdays/CremeDeLaCreme.htm;");
}

with(milonic=new menuname("Links")){
margin=3;
style=vertStyle;
top="offset=2";
aI("text=Computers;url=Links/computers.htm;");
aI("text=Directories;url=Links/directories.htm;");
aI("text=Education;url=Links/education_children.htm;");
aI("text=Birthday Parties / Entertainment;url=Links/entertainment.htm;");
aI("text=Gifts / Shopping;url=Links/gifts_shopping.htm;");
aI("text=Health / Medical;url=Links/health_medical.htm;");
aI("text=Sports;url=Links/sports.htm;");
aI("image=images/Dhtml_Menu/linktous.gif;text=Link to US;url=mailto:webmaster@worldsplayground.com;");
}

drawMenus();
Cheers,

Steve Baltzois
(Director - Worlds Playground)
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Steve,

We really need to see the page.

Ruth
webmaster
Advanced
Advanced

Invalid Argument

Post by webmaster »

Hi Ruth,
Thank you for your quick response.
Here is the URL to the site http://www.worldsplayground.com/TESTSITE/index.htm

Please note that the above URL is only for testing purposes. The Worlds Playground has been running for awhile now and we have some very high profile clients. In view of our commitment to our customers of quality service - I choose not have the site running with the new MENU until all errors are ironed out and each variable is tested thoroughly. Therefore you might find that some images are not displayed and that certain hyperlinks to other pages do not work.

I don't believe that this would be a problem when debugging it.

The scripts can be found in .../TESTSITE/scripts/...

Once again, I thank you for your assistance regarding this matter. I should also say that I truly commend the programmers and designers of the DHTML Menu. It is in my opinion a terrific little concept to make any website more professional.
Cheers,

Steve Baltzois
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

I'd like you to try upgrading (you need to be current for support, anyway :) ). You're running 5.729, and 5.732 is current. The error occurs as you come off the first sub-menu item in each menu, before the second item becomes active. Interesting. Regardless, there have been a number of bug fixes.

Let us know what happens.
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

John is correct, you have to upgrade because there were necessary program fixes from 7.29 to 7.32. After that check your vertStyle coding for your offbgcolor :)

Ruth
webmaster
Advanced
Advanced

Upgrade?

Post by webmaster »

You know that is quite funny. I only purchased the MENU about two weeks ago. I had thought that I had the most up to date version of Milonic. Ah well, I guess I will upgrade. Maybe a suggestion ... that when upgrades occur the customers/clients who have purchased the professional version of the MENU are notified by email. I don't think the paid customers should not be informed of the upgrades.

A little disappointing, from what I believe is an amazing script!

I will let you know of the outcome, after the upgrade.
Cheers,

Steve Baltzois
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I think you're supposed to get a notice, you might contact Milonic about that. Also, and I do this though I have a professional version, you can go to this topic and find the watch this topic link and click that. It will send a notice out when the upgrades are posted.

There is also this menu version information page which has the change log and pre-releases that are being tested before release.

Sometimes there is a lot of time between releases, at other times, it's pretty quick.

I hope that helps.

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Some of the menu upgrades are bug fixes, but many are based on customer requests/suggestions, whims-of-the-day from Andy, etc. I've seen bug reports come in and fixes be posted in less than an hour! Not bad, I'd say.

An email did go out to licensed Pro and above (I think) users yesterday about 5.732. As Ruth suggested, sign up to 'watch' the Current Menu Code Release Info... topic. You'll get an email any time I post there, and the only thing I post is menu releases (not pre-releases).
John
webmaster
Advanced
Advanced

My fault and my apologizes

Post by webmaster »

I should have believed in the system. You were right John about receiving an email regarding the upgrade. I received one today. So my sincere apologies. I was just to quick to jump on the band wagon. The program and the support is the best I have seen and so I was disappointed when I thought that something as simple as keeping the paid customers happy was not being achieved.

Nonetheless it is and I just need to CHILL OUT! I hope I didn't upset anyone!

Okay, the MENU has been updated and the problem still occurs. We don't need to worry about it though as I discovered the fault. Once again the fault laid in my hands.

In the script relating to the vertical submenu I had typed in a file address for the transparent offbgcolor. Of course that should simply just be the word "transparent". Funny enough the bgcolor I initially had a problem with now works as well.

Boy, do I feel like a goose. Four years at university and over 6 years in the teaching/IT industry and what a bummer of error to have made.

Guys thank you so much for your help and assistance. The MENU is great and the support network is by far the best I have ever come across!

with(vertStyle=new mm_style()){
styleid=1;
bordercolor="#999999";
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth=1;
fontsize="75%";
fontstyle="normal";
image="images/Dhtml_Menu/18_blank.gif";
imagepadding=3;
menubgimage="images/Dhtml_Menu/backoff_blue.gif";
offbgcolor="images/Dhtml_Menu/transparent";
offcolor="#000000";
onbgcolor="#FEFAD2";
Cheers,

Steve Baltzois
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Not a problem, we all get antsy sometimes. I do suggest you go and check the topic we mentioned. It's a nice backup in case something happens with the email notice from Milonic. :)

As to the problem, don't feel bad, it took me 4 tries with other things before I actually noticed that ;)

Ruth
webmaster
Advanced
Advanced

Thanks

Post by webmaster »

I have. I have clicked on the Watch topics links so that I am watching the program getting better and better.
Cheers,

Steve Baltzois