errors using popup in IE [SOLVED]

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Shap5202
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

errors using popup in IE [SOLVED]

Post by Shap5202 »

I've searching everything I could think of on the forums and haven't had any luck so thought i would try a new post.

Unfortunately I can't post a link to the site but I'll do my best to make everything known that I can.

Currently we get search results back in a table, and I wanted it so that when you click on a row, it would pop up a menu of links. So I render the menus and just make them hidden, and as part of the onclick event for the row, display the menu.

Well it works fine in FireFox, but when I try in IE 6.0, i get a javascipt error 'Unknown runtime error'

there menu is declared as:

with(milonic=new menuname("Menu_Row_1")){
style=mainStyle;
keepalive=1;
aI("text=Summary;");
aI("text=Update;");
}
drawMenus();

then in my onclick method i had:

popup("Menu_Row_1", 1);

as far as i could tell from examples and other posts, that was the cleanest way to do it, (not that i've had any luck with other methods).

I realize it's hard to help with only this info, if there's anything else you can think of let me know, this is the last piece of menu integration I have and it's driving me crazy.

(all necessary .js files are included).

Thanks!
Shap5202
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

argh... nevermind

Post by Shap5202 »

I spend a day and a half working on this... and i solve the darn problem 5 minutes after making a post :)

The issue was where i declared the menu, it was
<tr><td>....</td></tr>MENU HERE<tr>...
and apparently IE didn't like that

once i moved the declaration inside of the table cells, it was fine.

doh :oops:
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Thanks so much for posting the fix. I have done that a number of times :oops: so don't feel bad.

Ruth