Select box appears over menu.

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Shap5202
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Select box appears over menu.

Post by Shap5202 »

This is only occuring in IE right now....

Unfortunately this is an intranet site and I cannot post a link.. here goes..

Was trying to make a 'Please Wait' menu popup over the application when a link is clicked. Basically a big box that lets the user know their request in processing and to cover up other links they could click. It works fine on most screens, but if the screen has a select drop-down that appears under the menu, it shows through.

I'm on v5.732 of the menu

Thanks in advance
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

We really need to see this. Either get a test page posted somewhere or post all code here (css, html, menu_data). Don't forget to use the BBCode code tage when posting code.
John
Shap5202
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by Shap5202 »

I think i need to add a signature that says, 'Sorry, intranet site, can't post url' to save some time :)

I was searching back posts and found this
http://milonic.com/mfa/2003-September/002599.html
which seemed to be the same problem.

It also works ok in FireFox.

menu is declared as

Code: Select all

<body>
	<script>
		with(milonic=new menuname("please_wait_menu")){
			orientation="vertical";
			style=pleaseWait;
			top=100;
			left=200;
			zIndex=1000;
			aI("image=" + imageContext + "/wait.gif;text=Please Wait...;itemwidth=600;itemheight=400;pointer=wait;");
		}
		drawMenus();
	</script>
so it's outside of any div that could be affecting the position. Tried setting the zindex at some high value to make sure it wasnt falling underneath.

Again, I know it hard without an actual site.

One other thought. We have not yet purchased a license (it's coming don't worry, just need to prove all our needs our met by it first). Would that be a limiting factor at all?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Shap5202 wrote:I think i need to add a signature that says, 'Sorry, intranet site, can't post url' to save some time
Didn't ask for a URL. Asked for either a test page loaded or all code posted here...
John