Editing the bolt-on modules?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Shap5202
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Editing the bolt-on modules?

Post by Shap5202 »

Hello all,

I used the contextmenu.js file to implement a right-click menu for our app, but it had some undesired functionality. After clicking something (from the context menu or elsewhere), I wanted to disable the context-menu. And I did that fine, but I didn't know if I was allowed to do this (I changed an if-else block to return false;).

I also wanted to use the keypress.js module to navigate the menus. However we already have some input trapping functionality in and when I dropped the include in, it overrode our own input capturing. I could get around this but just combining some of the methods together, but I don't know if that is frowned upon.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I think you need to contact Milonic if you are modifying the code somehow. The code is proprietary. I believe there is a link in the 'normal' context menu to disable it. I would think you could turn that link into a function in the menu_data.js file so that when anything is clicked the menu is disabled. Also, there is a demo for a different context menu, being able to create different ones. Dynamic Context Right Click Menu Demo

Ruth
Shap5202
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by Shap5202 »

What i ended up doing was including the keypress.js module BEFORE our own key trapping code. As I found out, 'last man standing' wins in javascript so to speak. So i just made our custom code call the milonic method and it worked w/o having to change any of their stuff.

Forgot I started this thread to 'close' it :)