Piece of menu does not disappear, covers up form

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Shap5202
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Piece of menu does not disappear, covers up form

Post by Shap5202 »

hey everyone. currently i have a search results screen, and each result comes back in a table row. When you click on that row, it calls

Code: Select all

popup(menuId, 1);
to popup a menu of options for that row. If you click on that row again, it closes the menu, using the code

var mn = getMenuByName(menuId);
	if(_m[mn]){
		_m[mn][10]=0;
		menuDisplay(mn,0); 
	}
menu is create as such

with(milonic=new menuname(menuId)){			style=mainStyle;
	keepalive=1;	
	style.padding=0;
	overflow="scroll";
	style.fontsize="10px";
                ---menu options go here---
}
and this works fine and closes the menu, however farther up the screen I can see a white block (probably an iFrame?) that hovers over some form elements that is the same size as the menu I just closed, and prevents me from clicking anywhere it is covering.

If i explained that correctly, any thoughts?
Shap5202
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by Shap5202 »

I stand corrected, after looking at it farther... it is a different menu that is causing the problem. The menu is declared as such

with(milonic=new menuname(menuName)){
	alwaysvisible=1;
	orientation="horizontal";
	style=sectionMenuStyle
	left=20;
                --Menu items --
}
due to some hiding and unhiding of some content divs... this menu changes position on the screen. The floating white block thing is exactly where this menu used to be. So it's like the menu itself moves. but some piece behind the sections is left behind.

This is in IE. in FF (in another problem) the menus don't actually move and just hover where they used to be, until you mouse over them, but that seems to correct the problem.