Fixed Header Issues with menu dropdown

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
GreenBoy
Beginner
Beginner

Fixed Header Issues with menu dropdown

Post by GreenBoy »

Hi
I have fixed the menu and header in position at the top of the screen using CSS and the rest of the screen scrolls behind the menu and header...

The issue is that the menu works ok when the page is at its original state but when the page is scrolled the drop down menus, move wih the scrolled page untill they reach the top of the screen - this means that the menu itself is over writen

Any ideas on how to keep the dropdown sub menus in the correct place regardless of the page position - greatfully recieved

I have a test site at http://www.proportal.org where this can be seen.

Thanks
GreenBoy
[/img]
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

It's in your CSS where the problem lies.

You've got the menu embedded inside a DIV with a class of GreenBoy2 and the menu is inheriting CSS used for the this class.

Might be an idea to move the sub menus out of the DIV.

Cheers,
Andy
GreenBoy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by GreenBoy »

Hi Andy

Thank you very much for the reply.
I am pretty new to this and thought I was being realy clever with the CSS so sorry if this appears a bit dumb.

Are you saying that the Sub menus can be placed outside of the div while the main menu remains within it - ie to keep it in this position?

Thanks again for your post.
Dave
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying :D
GreenBoy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by GreenBoy »

Andy - thanks

Unfortunately I am struggling on this - I have wraped the Function PrintSubMenu() in another Div but there seems to be no way to stop this inheriing the position of the page or that od the original Div

Any clues please?
GreenBoy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by GreenBoy »

Further to my last post - tried several combinations of Div's around the sub menu part and nothing is stopping the sub menu scrolling with the main part of the page - whilst the main menu stays static...

Running out of options -

Please - if anyone can halp Id be greatfull as I cant believe that this cant be overcome.

Thanks
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Your menus are still embedded inside a DIV, they really don't need to be.

Although the menus will work in DIV's we advise against it because they do strange things, especially when CSS is used.