Title changes in IE!

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
cuytherock
Beginner
Beginner

Title changes in IE!

Post by cuytherock »

Hi,

I tried to use Flash and Milonic DHTML Menu in a page. I used the transperant flash movie and appearantly works fine bu there is a strange problem. I open the menu and then move the mouse over the flash and then click. Menu closes but also title of the page changes to #. There is no action script in the flash, nothign in it. But somehow the title changes. I checked in FF and Opera and they were fine. Only IE does this!

Is there anyone know why? Or any comment?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Got a URL (as requested)?
John
cuytherock
Beginner
Beginner

Post by cuytherock »

The address was;
http://www.cuytherock.com/main.php

I might say that i solved the problem. Let me explain. I used popup function on an image by

Code: Select all

onclick="popup('infopages','infopagesmenu',-19,-6)"
and also rollover image

onmouseover="MM_swapImage('Link01','','_files/Image/home/main/links_01_bs[mouse].gif',1)"
onmouseout="MM_swapImgRestore()"><span id=infopagesmenu name="infopagesmenu"
I put them inside <a></a> tag with href="#". This was source of the problem.

I come up with the following solution; I removed the href="#" completely. As a result it worked fine but i need to change the cursor so put class="menuimage" into the <a></a> tag where the CSS was

.menuimage {
	cursor:hand;
}
I can say that the problem is solved. But only for that page.

From the first menu (Bilgi Sayfalari) you can move to another page where there will be long text in the future. I'm planning to put a menu with followscrol, and menu items will lead me to proper anchors inside the text.

I coded everything but the first problem appeared again. When you click on the menu (actually you dont need to click, u come here with "#" in the address), and then click on the upper right flash, again the title changes.

I hope that i could explained the stuation...
Thanks..
cuytherock
Beginner
Beginner

Post by cuytherock »

Ok guys, I guess nobody has seen this before. But i have something to share...

I couldn't solve this problem. First I thought that the reason was DHTML menu. I made a clean page without a menu, and tried again. The result was same. I had an rollover effect, this could be the reason and I removed it but nothing changed. There was an easy page with some flash animation in it.

After these stpes, I decided to try this on other sites with flash. Well, I tried this in Macromedia's site and the result was the same.

Let me explain again; Go to http://www.macromedia.com/index.html# and try to click near Search button on top. In my screen the title of the Internet Explorer has changed to '# - Microsoft Internet Explorer'.

I asked this to some of my friends to check on their PC and again, all the titles have changed. Now I think that there is something wrong with IE. OR mine and my friends' PCs have some problem :?:

Anyway, for the ones who couldn't understand what I'm talking about, here is a screenshot;
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

Looks like a Flash bug to me.

You might want to report it to Macromedia, at least if it isn't a bug they might know the answer to fixing it.