CSS font styles with v 5.73x

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
mbucher
Beginner
Beginner

CSS font styles with v 5.73x

Post by mbucher »

I recently set up a menu for one section of our website, which uses CSS to control the menu styles (via 'offclass' and 'onclass'). Up until today, it worked perfectly, except for a weird margin in Firefox & Opera. So, since other web team members were working on upgrading to 5.736, I upgraded this particular menu to that version also.

Now the font color is wrong in all browsers (IE, Firefox, etc) -- the fonts are supposed to be white (on a green background) in the menu, but the "regular" link color of green has replaced it. On a whim, I added an <a> tag to the style with the font color set to white. That helped with Firefox, but IE still displays the font in green.

After looking through the forum posts, I saw mention of some bug fixes in 5.738 and 5.739. I tried both those versions and the problem is still not fixed.

I would give you the URL of the site, but it is in development right now and only resides on our internal servers. However, if you really wanted to see it, I could post it in a temporary location.

The CSS styles, as they stand now, are:

.cssmouseon {
background-color: #afafaf;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;
text-indent: 5px;
border-top: #cccccc 1px solid;
border-left: #cccccc 1px solid;
border-right: #000000 1px solid;
border-bottom: #000000 1px solid;
margin: 0px;
}

.cssmouseon a {
color: #fff;
}

.cssmouseoff {
background-color: #005533;
color: #FFFFFF;
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;
text-indent: 5px;
border-top: #cccccc 1px solid;
border-left: #cccccc 1px solid;
border-right: #000000 1px solid;
border-bottom: #000000 1px solid;
margin: 0px;
}

.cssmouseoff a {
color: #fff;
}

Inside of the menu_data.js file, the menu style is defined as:

with(menuStyle=new mm_style()){
offclass="cssmouseoff";
onclass="cssmouseon";
}

Any help would be appreciated!

~mary
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Mary,

I just tried a quick test with the code you posted... used it in the horizontal menu example that comes with the default download from milonic.com. I was using Milonic v5.738. I tried your css code inline as well as loaded from a .css file; they worked just fine in both IE6 and FF.

Only loaded the files from the hard disk, haven't tried through a web server yet. I'll try that next.

Cheers,

Kevin
mbucher
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mbucher »

Kevin,

Thanks for checking it out. I put one of the pages from the site on our webserver so that you can see the page:

http://www.sonoma-county.org/scretire/test/about.htm

(There is just this one page there now, so none of the other menu items will work.)

I don't know if it's an issue with our development server or what, but when I moved the page to the live server, the font now shows in white -- but only if I include the style for the <a> tags in the class. If I remove that, they appear in green again.

Is this a bug or a feature? :) If this is how the CSS styles will work from now on, then I will code accordingly.

Thanks,
~mary