submenu in a fixed location

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
mpeloquin
Beginner
Beginner

submenu in a fixed location

Post by mpeloquin »

Is it possible -- when using a vertical menu (actually orientation shouldn't matter) -- to have the submenu appear in a fixed location on the webpage, e.g., left: 200px; top: 200px?

How might one do that?
Migru
Milonic Guru
Milonic Guru

Post by Migru »

Hi

to do that you have to find out the offset first to that location (200/200).
Offset for the submenu, depending on the "calling" position of the main.
And that of course depends on e.g. the menus screenposition.
I have a sample, where for a number of 44 submenus an additional menu for each sub is displayed on mouseover (image is displayed only) and for all of these displays (an image pops up) I had to compute the corresponding offsets first, and as the main menu is centered, I made use of "screenposition="center"; left="offset=xxx ") It looked like
top=25;
left="offset=615"; the next one

top=25;
left="offset=545"; etc.
The link is http://www.dhyg.de/ . When you move the mouse pointer over the photograph, the sun comes up, click, and then, when you move the mouse pointer you can see images popping up, all at the same spot. These are showmenus only, not completed menus, simultaneously on click the actual url targets to the iframe below.

it does not seem to be advisable to have a real functioning submenu somewhere too distant from the main (it will close whatever you may set with menuclosedelay) though maybe using " openmenusbyurl.js "
(See the demo sample)
http://support.milonic.com/demos/openme ... /index.htm

may be helpful.

Michael
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Quick note:

If you just want an absolute fixed position, it may be as simple as assigning the left and top properties in the menu definition. Like so,

Code: Select all

with(milonic=new menuname("menuname")){
style=menuStyle;
top=200;
left=200;
aI("text=ItemTex;url=whatever.html;");
}
Cheers,

Kevin