background is tranparent, i would prefer it solid !

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
timmy toad
Advanced
Advanced

background is tranparent, i would prefer it solid !

Post by timmy toad »

my menu background is tranparent, i would prefer it solid !

when the drop down menus appear, the print below (underneath) them is still visible, i dont know enough about this HTML business to know what to do, i just continue to admire all you clever people who create wonderful things like the Milonic menu keep up the good work and i'll try not to bother you too much more.

the address of my experimental site is at
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tim.parsons/

any suggestions please

tim
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Tim,

That transparency should only be visible (or invisible, depending or your perspective ;) ) in IE. It's caused by the following line in your menuStyle definition

Code: Select all

overfilter="Fade(duration=0.2);Alpha(opacity=90);Shadow(color=#777777', Direction=135, Strength=3)";
More specifically, it's caused by the opacity setting in the Alpha() filter (making the menu 90% opaque). You have a few choices:

(1) Remove the entire overfilter=... line of code. This would also remove the fade in effect and the drop shadow.

(2) Set opacity=100. This would leave the Alpha() filter in, but essentially render it ineffective. Not the most efficient solution from a coding point of view, because why have code in there that does nothing?

(3) Remove Alpha(opacity=90); from the overfilter code. This would leave the fade in effect and the drop shadow intact. Probably what I would do.

Note that your code is missing a single quote, which I've inserted in the following bit that removes the Alpha() filter.

Code: Select all

overfilter="Fade(duration=0.2);Shadow(color='#777777', Direction=135, Strength=3)";
If you want to experiment with other filters, you can do so by going to

http://support.milonic.com/demos/filters/index.htm

Hope that helps,

Kevin
timmy toad
Advanced
Advanced

Post by timmy toad »

thanks kevin, very helpfull, i am well happy now, ta.

tim