Disabling an active link

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Bozzy
Advanced
Advanced

Disabling an active link

Post by Bozzy »

Hi,

is there a pre defined function I can use to disable a link in the menu if you are already on that page or section?

Ie if you click home and go to the home page, the home button then becomes just text without a link attached?

is there one of the 'page' functions which can do this?

Thanks,
Crris
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

No there isn't a function like that, as far as I know, but there is a function called mm_changeItemProperty and a demo for it. I would think, if you want to take the time to put the function on the pages, and put the correct ones in each item, then you can have that kind of capability.

http://support.milonic.com/demos/change ... /index.htm

That page is an explanation of the function, and the use of it on that page is from the menu. At the bottom of the page is a link to More demos. One of those is actually to disable an item. That one is run from the page, meaning the function is on the page and is called in the item so it will only apply to the item when the function is on the page. I haven't tested it in a whole sequence like you are mentioning. I'm assuming you want all the links to be disabled when on their respective pages, so you'd have to test doing it for each item.

There is also a property called type=disabled and if you know anything about making functions you might be able to make one that would say in effect, if url is equal to url of the aI string then type=disabled.

Ruth
Bozzy
Advanced
Advanced

thanking thee

Post by Bozzy »

excellent, thanks for the help -