Jumping menu and openmenubyurl problems

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
katherine_h
Advanced
Advanced

Jumping menu and openmenubyurl problems

Post by katherine_h »

Hi, I have uploaded a portion of my site at:
http://www.afterimage.com.au/menu_sample_w4/index.htm
When each page loads you will notice that it jumps from the middle of the page to the top of the page where it should be located. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Also, I have include the openmenusbyurl module but it doesn't seem to be working. I would like the 'Product Range' tab to remain visible and highlighted and also the sub menu 'Educational' to stay visible and highlighted when you click through to any of the products in the ranges.
Help would be appreciated.
Katherine
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You're building the menu as the first thing on the page, and your Flash item as the very last item. The menu is then being displaced by the Flash when it finally loads.

One thing you could do is add a top= definition for the menu to place it exactly where you want it.
John
katherine_h
Advanced
Advanced

Where to place the "Top= definition"?

Post by katherine_h »

"One thing you could do is add a top= definition for the menu to place it exactly where you want it."

Hi, thanks for the advice. Where would l place the "top" definition and what would the value be? Would it be an exact x,y position or could it be relevant to the table that it is contained in. I don't think exact positioning will work in the current format.

Katherine