Creation of a sitemap

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Creation of a sitemap

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I think it is because you are using pop menus and there is no visible main menu. I can't test in IE on my desktop because it gives me an 'access denied' code. However, I did try it in FF3, Safari 4, Google Chrome, Opera 9 and it worked fine in all of them. What I did was create a style I called invisibleStyle, then set that main menu to alwaysvisible=1, removed all text from it and only left the showmenu parts. Try this in your data file and see if it works.

Add the invisible style

Code: Select all

with(invisibleStyle=new mm_style()){
onbgcolor="";
oncolor="";
offbgcolor="";
offcolor="";
menubgcolor="";
pagebgcolor="";
subimage="";
}
Then make the main menu the following, you'll see I removed any of the words after text and I also removed the title, not knowing what would happen with that in it.

Code: Select all

with(milonic=new menuname("Main Menu")){
style=invisibleStyle;
top=1;
left=1;
alwaysvisible=1;
aI("text=;showmenu=Doxey Today;");
aI("text=;showmenu=Doxey and the World;");
aI("text=;showmenu=Community Association;");
aI("text=;showmenu=Doxey and the Net;");
}
I tried to see if I could mouseover that invisible menu up at the top left 1px setting and get the submenus to show, but I could never find it so that shouldn't be an issue. The submenus will still popup from the pop up calls you have on the page, and when you click site index you now get one with all the links in it :)

Hope this helps, let me know if there are any other problems and I will try to work on it, but I am not a js person either and this wasn't created by Milonic but by a user so there is no way to 'fix' things since I have no clue how to change anything :(

Ruth
iain_s
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Creation of a sitemap

Post by iain_s »

Thanks Ruth - worked like a dream.
Iain