Adding a text label before menuitem

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
blaine
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Adding a text label before menuitem

Post by blaine »

The following link works and my menu style shows the underline when I hover over the menuitem as desired.

aI("text=» '.$label.';url='.$url.';");

What I want though, is to have the »  appear before the menuitem url label so that it does not have the underline appear under it as well when I hover over the link.

I am creating these links dynamically with php and so am creating a number of the links like above in sequence - all working fine.

Trying
» aI("text='.$label.';url='.$url.';");
or similar combinations is not working

Any ideas?
Migru
Milonic Guru
Milonic Guru

Post by Migru »

Hi

why don´t you create an image of that » ?? and place it there as an ("image=raquo.gif;text=.....;url=.;");

Michael
blaine
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by blaine »

Hehe - thanks that will work just fine as I'm not changing the meniuitem background color.

I wonder if there was not an equivelent of the image parm but for text.
Migru
Milonic Guru
Milonic Guru

Post by Migru »

Hi

even if you change it (the background), in this case, you could use an overimage.gif or - as it is a gif, could be transparent.

Michael
blaine
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by blaine »

At first I did not need to change the bgcolor onhover but now I do. The overimage works except once the page is selected and the pagematch correctly uses the selected style, the image reverts back to the non-selected image and now has the wrong background.

Is this a bug - looks like I have version 5.721

All I really need is to have the silly &raquo before the menuitem label but I don't want the onhover underline appearing.
Migru
Milonic Guru
Milonic Guru

Post by Migru »

Hi

don´t think there is a bug with this type of images.

the actual version is 5-745

Michael