Milonic drop down menu with Atlas

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
npinchot
Beginner
Beginner

Milonic drop down menu with Atlas

Post by npinchot »

Not sure if you have checked into Atlas, but your menu currently does not work with it. Atlas requires javascript to be referenced using code such as:

Code: Select all

<atlas:ScriptManager ID="smMain" EnablePartialRendering="true" runat="server">
        <Scripts>
            <atlas:ScriptReference ScriptName="Custom" Path="functions.js" />
        </Scripts>
    </atlas:ScriptManager>
This breaks your menu. I don't know what it changes about your menu that breaks it but I use quite a few different javascript scripts that work ok with it. Was hoping you might be able to look into this, I am interested in purchasing your product but I can't use it unless it works with Atlas. Just to clarify, Atlas is the "AJAX" Microsoft package for ASP .NET 2.0. Information and downloads for Atlas can be found at http://atlas.asp.net. Thanks.
npinchot
Beginner
Beginner

Post by npinchot »

I am kind of pressed for time on my decision on which menu software to go with so if someone could address whether or not you might even look into this issue I would appreciate the information. Without any type of response I will be forced to go to a different product.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Try someting like this:

Code: Select all

<atlas:ScriptManager ID="smMain" EnablePartialRendering="true" runat="server"> 
        <Scripts> 
            <atlas:ScriptReference ScriptName="Custom" Path="milonic_src.js" /> 
            <atlas:ScriptReference ScriptName="Custom" Path="mmenudom.js" /> 
            <atlas:ScriptReference ScriptName="Custom" Path="menu_data.js" /> 
        </Scripts> 
    </atlas:ScriptManager> 
Won't work with Netscape 4 though
npinchot
Beginner
Beginner

Post by npinchot »

Thanks for the idea, but I tried that and it still gets a Javascript error on all pages and the menu doesn't even show up.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I'm not sure if it would help Milonic to have a test page, sometimes that is the best way so they have the actual page where the problem is.

Ruth