showing 2 menus

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
krilik
Advanced
Advanced

showing 2 menus

Post by krilik »

i am testing the menus before editinf my main site

i tried to hide the top menu and leave only the menu which in the table
but i didnt success

http://forum.navy.org.il/web/1.php

please help
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

If both menus use the same file to get the submenus, you can't just use code to blank that file, i.e. set it off with the <!-- stuff. You'd need to go into the file and block the alwaysvisible=1; either make it =0; or put // in front of alwaysvisible=1;

If this isn't what you mean, I must be misunderstanding. So could you explain more fully.

Ruth
krilik
Advanced
Advanced

Post by krilik »

well hiding its not the best solution
there is a way to delete the top menu
and leave only the lower menu which on the table?
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I'm not sure what it is you want to do? If you don't want that top menu to show then get rid of it from the file.

This is your problem, both those menus use the same sub menus. So, either you can set the alwaysvisible=1; to alwaysvisible=0 in the menu_data_hebrew.js file which means it won't show but the one in the table will and it will be able to access the submenus.

If you just want to get rid of it, then take it out of the data file totally. If you want to have both and only show one at a time for testing, then I suggest you put the one in the menu_data_hebrew.js file in it's own file. Make sure you put a drawMenus(); at the end. Then you would have a file for the main absolutely positioned menu, one for the main relative positioned [that's actually in the table] and one for the sub menus that they both call.

By the way, you need to rename one of those main menus, say main menu and main menu 1, they should have the same name that might cause problems.

If this is not what you want, can you please be really specific about what it is you want.

Ruth
krilik
Advanced
Advanced

Post by krilik »

ok i have succeded
thanks for the help
it works fine now