Milonic Tooltips doesn't work on IE7

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
krilik
Advanced
Advanced

Milonic Tooltips doesn't work on IE7

Post by krilik »

link to view

http://forum.navy.org.il/web/index_hebrew.php

right box which called "FIRST"
try to move the mouse over the link under IE7 browser and under FireFox
mlovelock
Beginner
Beginner

Problem with tooltips attached to HTML in IE7?

Post by mlovelock »

I would appear to also have this problem. Tooltips is working fine for menus, but fails to appear when attached to standard html objects.

Works fine in Firefox, Opera, so would seem to be an IE7 issue.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Michael.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

I was ignoring the first post to this topic because this file: http://forum.navy.org.il/web/milonic_src.js is registered to http://www.chai-online.org - navy.org.il do not have a license and this is in breach of our terms and conditions. If you need to test the menu, use the evaluation copy, don't copy somebody else's menu, it's against the law.

Anyway, the second post I can deal with if you let me have a URL so that we can see the problem
mlovelock
Beginner
Beginner

HTML Tooltips

Post by mlovelock »

Hi,

Thanks, although I suspect it was just a user error(!) as I have it working now!

However, I wanted to ask anyway whether there is any way of getting the html-attached tooltips to disappear any better on the 'onmouseout' command - or any other way? I'm pretty sure you'll say no, but thought it worth an ask!

The original page in question was a restricted access page, so I've added a tooltip to the first logo image on the page www.artsphere.co.uk/about.php - it's the one that says I'm listed in artsphere, the tooltip should say "Why not download this logo"

Thanks for your help,

Michael.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

It's not working because the function call is wrong.

try changeing this:

onmouseout="popdown"

to this:

onmouseout="popdown()"

-- Andy
mlovelock
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mlovelock »

Aha! What a muppet, should have spotted that. Got it working now.

However, the function wasn't right anyway - a little look in tooltips.js reveals it's called hidetip() - not popdown - I mention this because I took the 'popdown' code from the Tooltips menu example on the site, so I thought you might want to know.

Thanks for your help and quick response, much appreciated!

Michael.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

We are currently rebuilding the website and have a new set of samples so this problem should be fixed and yes, hidetip() is better that popdown()

Cheers,
Andy