Is there a complete attributes list?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Littleviews
Advanced
Advanced

Is there a complete attributes list?

Post by Littleviews »

Hi - I am designing my menu for the first time using such things as oncolor and offcolor but have come up with some mystery attributes, such as on the main menu sample I'm using, there is an onboarder, which appears to do nothing and a pagecolor, which also does nothing. and what, exactly, is the headercolor and headerbgcolor? Again, I can't make them do anything.

Is there a complete list of attributes someplace? I'd love to play around with them.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Yes there is a complete list of attributes. They are set up in 3 sections since the various properties work with different things, i.e. the style of a menu, the menu, or a menu item.

For example, offcolor can be a style property, meaning that it is placed in the style section and will apply to all items in any menu using that style, but offcolor can also be applied in an item. This allows you to set an overall offcolor for all items in a style and also to change the offcolor for a particular item that you may want to be a different color than all others in the menu.

Onborder will only show when you place the mouse over the item where you have it coded, or if it is coded in the style then when you place the mouse over an item in a menu that uses that style.

Pagecolor will not show unless the url matches the page. Any property coded with page, i.e. pagecolor, pagebgcolor, pageimage, etc. are kind of like a you are here breadcrumb using colors or images so people know where they are in the menu.

Below my name you will see a list of links, one of them is for the different properties. i.e. styleproperties, menuproperties, itemproperties.

You might also look at the beginners guide under the sections for styling the menu.

Ruth
Littleviews
Advanced
Advanced

The list and your reply greatly clarifies things

Post by Littleviews »

Thanks. This menu system is so way awesome!

BTW, I'm working in ColdFusion and can be a resource in that area, should it be needed. I'd be happy to contribute a document on how a beginner can conceptualize the menu's relationship to a .cfm page, for example.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

I'd be happy to contribute a document on how a beginner can conceptualize the menu's relationship to a .cfm page, for example.
That would be fantastic. I can do PHP and ASP but have never looked at CFM - I know people have coded the menu into Cold Fusion in the past but I've never been told how. Would be interested to see this myself as well as be able to publish it.

Note that all documents are credited to their associated authors with links back to your websites. Sometimes our internall pages get a Google Page Rank of 8 and this in itself is worth doing work for :D

Cheers,
Andy
Littleviews
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Littleviews »

Andy, happily, the instructions for ColdFusion implementation are really brief! I'll send you information via your support link, unless you have a better way to do this. You'll be able to make your system available for the ColdFusion community via Adobe's programmer community area.