Flyout Menu Border

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
smee
Beginner
Beginner

Flyout Menu Border

Post by smee »

Hi. I was wonder if anybody know how do the border on the flyout menu?

Example:
http://www.yale.edu/

On you hover over their left navigation, I like to have the border go around the 1st and 2nd level of the menu selection.

The Yale university didn't use Milonic code for the border.

Thank you.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Are you asking how to make a border in the Milonic menu, or how they did it? To find out how they did it, you'd have to take a look in their coding, probably the css. I realize it says anything goes but that really wouldn't include helping a user of someone else's menu program. That would be kind of like having Kmart give a refund for a damaged item that was purchased at Walmart. If you can't find how that border was styled, you might try to find the site for the menu they are using and ask there how they did it.

If you are asking about how to make that border on the submenu in the Milonic menu we'd be glad to help with that, it's pretty easy, just set up the style you are using for the submenus to have borderwidth=1; borderstyle="solid"; bordercolor="whatever color";

Ruth
smee
Beginner
Beginner

Milonic Code

Post by smee »

I was wonder how Milonic would do the border that surround the both the 1st and 2nd level of the menu.

http://www.yale.edu/index.html

When you hover over one of the say 'About Yale', there is this nice border around both the 'About Yale' and it submenu. The yellow also blends in.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

In the Milonic menu, coding borderwidth=1; bordercolor="whatever color; borderstyle="solid"; will give you a border around the whole menu. If you want it around the item, you need to use onborder="1px solid somecolor"; this will put a border around the particular item when you mouseover it.

You can code it in either the item, or in the style for the menu where you want the onborder to work. Take a look below my name and you'll see links to styleproperties, menuproperties and itemproperties. Those pages list the properties and usually there is a short explanation of what they are.

Ruth