Can Submenus be transparent OVER a Flash movie?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
sackbutt
Beginner
Beginner

Can Submenus be transparent OVER a Flash movie?

Post by sackbutt »

I have used the Milonic menu on a few sites and it has been great. This is the first time that I have attempted to make it go over a Flash file. It drops down over the Flash fine, but I would like some transparency. The transparency works when if drops over a graphic or a cell color, but when it is over a Flash movie, it goes back to 100% opacity. I cannot find anyone talking about this. Is it possible? Thanks much.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I think you might have to use css to design the 'transparency' if you want that. The major issue for most flash is to have the menu 'show' on top of the flash. That has been fixed in the later versions of the menu, but that is probably why whatever transparency you're mentioning is 'gone'

What transparency do you mean? The alpha in the overfilter? That is proprietary to IE so it doesn't work on other browsers anyway. If you want that look in others you need to use css. I don't know that this will make a difference over flash objects.

Ruth
sackbutt
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sackbutt »

Thanks Ruth,

Yes, I am talking about the transparency on the sub menu backgrounds. I did try a style, in the css I put...

.opaque {
color:#FFFFFF;
opacity:.7;
-moz-opacity: .7;
filter:alpha(opacity=70);

And in the menu_data, I put...

overfilter="Fade(duration=0.1);Alpha(opacity=70);Shadow(color='#666666', Direction=135, Strength=0)";
outfilter="randomdissolve(duration=0.1)";
onclass="opaque";
offclass="opaque";

It works, but for some reason in mozilla now, but not in IE. Maybe THe onclass is cancelling out the other. Thanks!:D
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Keep in mind that the overfilter and outfilter are IE only items (which you probably know). However, it's interesting that IE is now the one failing...
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Maybe having it in both places, the css and the overfilter is doing something. Why not try removing that alpha part from the overfilter and just using the css and see what happens?

Ruth