openonclick, keepalive and retainClickValue query

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Valdhor
Beginner
Beginner

openonclick, keepalive and retainClickValue query

Post by Valdhor »

Hi

I am evaluation Milonic Menu to see if it will fit in with what I want it to do (I am evaluating a number of different menu systems and while most do almost everything I want, none will do them all).

Milonic does everything I want except one thing (Which appears as if it should). I am using version 5.779 and have downloaded the demo code. I have also grabbed the sample from http://milonic.com/menusample47.php.

Now, all I want to be able to do is have the menus open on click BUT once I have clicked one menu, i want the rest of the menus to open on mouseover (Just like what happens in Windows XP - If you click once on the File menu it opens; if you move to the Edit menu (ie. mouseover the Edit menu) then the Edit menu opens and the File menu closes etc).

I have tried any number of combinations of openonclick, keepalive and retainClickValue to no avail. I can get the menus to open on click and the submenus to open on mouseover, but if I move from one open top menu to the next, the menu closes and I have to click the next menu item to open it. This is not intuitive.

If I could, I would post a link for you to see but this is on a closed intranet. It should be real easy to test. Just grab the sample I mentioned above and set openonclick to true - you will see the behaviour I mentioned above.

I know that this is possible - some of the other menuing systems I have tried do this (Of course, they can't do other things that Milonic can :x ).

Any help or pointers would be most appreciated (Or should I just move on to the next menuing system in my evaluation list).