Is it possible to have name select in menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
mige
Beginner
Beginner

Is it possible to have name select in menu

Post by mige »

I have use php command $file =scandir( subdirectory_name), i suppose an array of subdirectory_name is created
I do this because i am adding a new subdirectory_name every 3-4 days, the filenames inside those subdirectory are basically identical (data inside are different)
i suppose when i open that web page, it auto update that array
i wish to put this array as selection in the menu item, such that when i point the mouse to that menu item, it allow me to choose a directory name
with that chosen name (e.g. 2007-10-31), it then change a value $rd="2007-10-31"
then i choose the filename, it auto go in that directory and pick-up the file subdirectory_name/2007-10-31/file1.txt

i have done this by setting $rd="2007-10-31" and choose file, it display correctly
the remaining point is
how can i turn this $file array into the menu item selection, allow to select, put the value as $rd after that item is selected

please note that number of sub-directory is increased and may be change, and i do not wish to edit the menu_data.js or my index.php every time

do any one can give me an answer to it ????