bgimage color blue

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

bgimage color blue

Post by sherrylee »

I have progressed pretty well so far with my drop down menu. I am still using my practice site. But I am not understanding one thing. When I open my menu in my browser, the first thing I see is a dk blue menu. When I mouse over it, a portion of it become green. I would like it all to be the same dk green color, and not have any blue. But I am not able to find where the blue is coming from and why it is blue when I have made it green.

Hope this makes sense. I have encluded the code below.

How do I get rid of the blue?

Thank you,
SherryLee

with(menuStyle=new mm_style()){
align="left";
bgimage="http://milonic.com/menuimages/dkgreengrad3d.gif";
fontfamily="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial";
fontsize="10pt";
fontstyle="normal";
fontweight="normal";
image="http://milonic.com/menuimages/butterfly.gif";
imagepadding=4;
offbgcolor="#254117";
offcolor="#ffffff";
oncolor="#ffffff";
outfilter="fade(duration=0.7)";
overfilter="Gradient(GradientType=0.9, StartColorStr='254117', EndColorStr='34735')";
padding=4
pagecolor="dkgreen";
separatorpadding=16
separatorsize=2
subimage="http://milonic.com/menuimages/dkgreengradwhite.gif";
subimagepadding=5;
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: bgimage color blue

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I need to see the page with the stuff on it since nothing in what you posted shows blue. Without the actual page I can't figure out what is causing that blue color.

Also, please upload the images to your site and change the paths, do not link to images on the Milonic site, you never know when they might be changed or removed. You should never link to images on someone else's site unless you are using something on the page that a site requires you to link to them for the image, like say a counter or such.

Ruth
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

<Also, please upload the images to your site and change the paths, do not link to images on the Milonic site, you never know when they might be changed or removed. You should never link to images on someone else's site unless you are using something on the page that a site requires you to link to them for the image, like say a counter or such.>

Ruth,
First, I have not linked to any milonic pages or images. I am working with one of the samples on my practice site on my computer, which is not on the internet, and which I need to get worked out before I can publish to the internet. I have not made any changes to the main menu in the sample I am using as yet, as I was simply trying to figure out the color scheme first. When I have that all working and can view in my browser the way I want it to look, then I will change the url's and publish to my website.

without publishing to the internet, I don't know how I can show you the page I am working with.

Thanks for the help, I hope this explains some.

SherryLee
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

You could post your code here using the code tags above. The code you posted previously has nothing in it that would be blue, so it has to be something else. You can post your css file, html file and the full menu data file you have set up and I can then make a page using that code. Or if you have an internet site you could post the page there as a test page, like naming it test.htm or something instead of index. That way someone would actually have to have a link to the domainName/test.htm. Whatever way you can do it, but I need to have that info to find out why you are seeing blue, since there is no blue in the code. What sample is it, I could download it, but I would still need whatever you have done to the file and any css file codes.

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

sherrylee wrote:<Also, please upload the images to your site and change the paths, do not link to images on the Milonic site, you never know when they might be changed or removed. You should never link to images on someone else's site unless you are using something on the page that a site requires you to link to them for the image, like say a counter or such.>

Ruth,
First, I have not linked to any milonic pages or images.
Hi,

Sorry, not trying to be a pain here, but the code you posted above clearly shows links to images being pulled from the Milonic site...

Code: Select all

bgimage="http://milonic.com/menuimages/dkgreengrad3d.gif";
etc.

As Ruth correctly pointed out, this is simply not allowed. If the code you posted is not exactly what you are using on your site, it makes it much more difficult for us to figure out what's going on.

Thanks.
John