php pages with milonic frames

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
daeya2010
Beginner
Beginner

php pages with milonic frames

Post by daeya2010 »

Hello!
i have a form in a php page that sends information to another php page that proceses the information(actually it makes changes to a db). my problem is that without frames everything goes just great. if i get the frames in, there are three situations.
if the php code is placed before the html code when i press submit i get a download dialog and the page opens with dreamweaver,
if i put the php code in the html ( body, php, body) the php code is listed in the body of the page as if there were no php tags and what's worse is that it does nothing,
if i put the php code after the html code the same thing happens in a different position.
Can anyone help me get this resolved? because i realy like the menu.. and i wouldn't like to give it up. (it's a frame menu)
P.s it's for a school project... i have no online page unfortunatly...
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: php pages with milonic frames

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I see you mention the menu, but I don't understand what the menu has to do with the form and php? Are you using the form inside the menu, or using the menu to access the form, and which code are you mentioning that either opens in dreamweaver or goes on the page?

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Please post the [u]complete[/u] code for your page here, along with the exact filename you are using for the page. Make sure you use the [code][/code] tags when you post the code.
John
sunsfan1797
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sunsfan1797 »

How do you use PHP?
Ive only used html...
will my page work with PHP?

let me know, heres my site

[SPAM LINK DELETED]

thanks!
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

This is not a php forum. It is only for help with the Milonic DHTML javascript menu. You would need to go to a php support site for information about creating your pages in php, about which I know almost nothing. PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor and it is a scripting language originally designed to produce dynamic web pages. That is the extent of my knowledge, which actually is just the definition of what it is. I suggest you try a search engine and look for 'what is php' maybe that will give you some sites to check out :)

Ruth
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

:evil:

Looks like we've been had Ruth - It's a spam message added purely for the link.

They seem to be getting desperate - it's only way they can add their spammy links now as I've disabled signatures and the profile url.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

:oops: I never even looked at the link. Ah, well, as a former teacher, at least there is now a definition of php and the suggestion to go to that kind of forum if you want to learn it :)

Ruth
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Ruth wrote::oops: I never even looked at the link. Ah, well, as a former teacher, at least there is now a definition of php and the suggestion to go to that kind of forum if you want to learn it :)

Ruth
Good call :D

I really hope that the next version of phpBB will fix these spam problems.

Although I think the culprits are people rather than bots - it's getting more annoying by the day - It's all Googles fault for putting so much emphasis on back links and page rank - everybody wants a piece of Milonic's Page rank 9 - scumbags :evil: