Menu doesn't work in Safari 2.0.4 and older

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
MartinSpeed
Advanced
Advanced

Menu doesn't work in Safari 2.0.4 and older

Post by MartinSpeed »

Hi, I have just been told by a user that my web menu doesn't work in Safari 2.0.4 and older. I don't have this browser so can't test it. It does work in the latest Safari however.

Is this a known issue? Is this because Safari 2.0.4 doesn't allow Javascript, could it be the users Safari 2.0.4 had Javascript turned off?
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Re: Menu doesn't work in Safari 2.0.4 and older

Post by Andy »

There could be all sorts of reasons why it's not working.

Do you have a URL that we can see?

Note that Safari 2.0 is naturaly very buggy and users should really be upgrading their browsers on Apple Macs
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Given that the last 2.x release was 2.0.0.14, and 3.0 is now out for real (not beta or RC), that's an ancient version. I can see no reason for them not to upgrade.
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I still have Safari 1.5 available and have no problem seeing the menu. Nor do I have a problem with 2.0.0.14 If you have a link to the site I can test in those for you.

Ruth
Westland
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Westland »

I'm having problems with my client since she uses Safari. I know that her version is one of the 3.1 versions.

My site so far is http://www.bettybriggs.com . It works fine with FF on the mac and IE & FF on the PC. Any suggestions?

The menu version is 5.798.
Westland
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Westland »

I noticed my version is a little out of date. Let me update real quick.
Westland
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Westland »

Okay....updated and now it works in Safari but I still can't get it to work in IE for the mac. I know it's been giving problems and I tried to build the submenus right after the <body> tag and the main menus within the respective cells.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

If I may, you shouldn't be wasting your time on IE/Mac. It is a dead, non-supported product (by M$). Milonic is no longer (I believe) supporting it, either. As such, we also cannot support it here in the forum.
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Just for information, you do not have to have all those files, i.e. menu_left, menu_right, menu_data, and then the subs on the page. The 3 files seem to be exactly the same, just the style in them so I'm not sure why you have 3 of them. You could just put all the submenus into the menu_data file and call that by itself and then the 'main' menus on the page. The call for the milonic_src, etc, and the data file needs to be the first thing AFTER the body tag when you are using the relative positioned mains.

Also, you could use the pop up menu. It means having separate images for each of the main menus then the popup call from each image to its sub. I have set that up if you would to see it. This is your page, but at the bottom I added a link to a zip file with everything in it for this set up. You will have to change the urls for the things if you decide to use this since I just put all the files in one folder on my site. LINK REMOVED

This pops the submenus from an image rather than from a main menu in the table cell. And, here is the explanation of how to use the popup menu http://milonic.com/menu_methods.php If you have any questions about what I did just post back.

Ruth
thomasly
Beginner
Beginner

Post by thomasly »

The menu doesn't work correctly in safari, works fine in IE . here is the page LINK DELETED BY ADMIN

please help

Thanks
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

What version of Safari?
John
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Disregard my question.

That's not our menu system, but I have a feeling you already knew that.
John
thomasly
Beginner
Beginner

Post by thomasly »

it's s version 4
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Well, I don't know what you mean by version 4, the menu or the browser, but even if we did we couldn't help you. Just so you know, as John noted, you are not using any version of Milonic menus. You'll have to do a search on the web and try to find out whose menu that is. You might try searching for that listmenu_h and see if you can find what you need. Sorry.

Ruth