(I posted this in the 'news' forum, but then saw that this forum might be a better place for it)
I wanted to let you all know that after a long time in development my php-mysql admin system for Milonic is now in 'beta' and ready for some testing.
A quick overview (more on my site):
1) I built a custom demo feature on our site (http://www.groupzero.net) which allows each tester to have their very own demo for 24 hours. This is a fully-functional install of the system - just on my server. Get your personal demo here http://www.groupzero.net/index.php?opt ... Itemid=37
From the 'Release Notes':
“PHPMadmin” Beta Demo Release Notes – V 0.9 May, 2006
PHPMadmin is primarily a PHP administration system for the Milonic Menu. It does not modify the core files of Milonic Menu and requires that users still obtain Milonic licenses, etc. Contact the lead developer (Luke Salsich) for more information at luke AT groupzero.net
Highlights of the system are:
1) Ease of use – PHPMadmin is a simple interface that allows any website admin to build and maintain Milonic menus of any kind.
2) Portability – Site admins can easily insert a menu from PHPMadmin into ANY page within their site using one small line of PHP code. No complicated integration with PHPMadmin is required for use. Menus can be inserted into CMS systems, plain HTML pages and PHP pages.
3) Speed – PHPMadmin uses data caching so that your pages don’t have to process all the menu data on each load. PHPMadmin will only load the menus from the database when you have made a change to the database. Otherwise, the menu data is loaded from cached files that greatly speed the menu load times.
4) Search-Engine friendly – PHPMadmin has a built-in function that can insert ALL links contained in the database into hidden fields within each web page. This allows search engines to follow the links, but also maximizes your page rank since all pages contain all links.
5) Easy to customize – PHPMadmin uses the Smarty Templating Engine to separate the PHP code from the HTML display. This allows admins to embed the PHPMadmin management system into their sites very quickly without needing to understand how it is programmed, while preserving the look of their individual sites.
6) Flexibility – PHPMadmin allows you to show the same menu using different styles, orientation, etc WITHOUT having to rename the menu or create a duplicate. (The menu on the left of the Demo is the same as ‘Menu #1 sub’ – but it’s been forced to use new parameters).