Suggestion: menu specific delays

This area will be used by Ruth to conduct polls about the areas in which you need help. Topic suggestions are also accepted here.
CheckeredFlag
Advanced
Advanced

Suggestion: menu specific delays

Post by CheckeredFlag »

Submenus tend to direct users to navigate to deeper levels instead of following the links on the parent menu. In certain cases, I don't want newbies browsing to deep levels since they would become confused.

So, I would like to "hide" certain submenus, causing new users to believe they have navigated to the deepest level and select a link from there. But for power users, I would like to display these hidden menus after a long delay (e.g. 3-5 seconds) - an easter egg of sorts.l

This could be easily implemented if a menu-specific delay could be defined. For example:

Code: Select all

aI("text=General Information;url=info.htm;showmenu=DetailedInfo;menuopendelay=3000;");
I am aware of the _menuOpenDelay global property, but this affects ALL menus; I want special cases to have different values.

Thoughts? Is this possible already by some means I'm not aware of?

Marco
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Just added a new property for version 5.729 due out soon.

Called opendelay, it allows you to specify an opening delay for a specific menu.

I'll get the Pre Release posted tomorrow.

Cheers,
Andy
CheckeredFlag
Advanced
Advanced

Post by CheckeredFlag »

Wow, that's great! Thanks for the fast response!

Marco
CheckeredFlag
Advanced
Advanced

Post by CheckeredFlag »

Andy wrote:Just added a new property for version 5.729 due out soon.

Called opendelay, it allows you to specify an opening delay for a specific menu.

I'll get the Pre Release posted tomorrow.

Cheers,
Andy
I forgot to mention that this should be available as a menu item property instead of (or in addition to) a menu property. This can allow the same menu to open with different delays depending on where it is accessed.

For example, a newbie menu might have a long delay for a "hidden menu", where an advanced menu opening the same submenu would have a normal delay.

Marco
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

opendelay has also been added to menu items.

hope this helps,
Andy