Positing drop down menu in different browsers

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
ZildjianKX
Beginner
Beginner

Positing drop down menu in different browsers

Post by ZildjianKX »

Even when I have the menu positioned to a certain allignment, it still is different in each browser, especially in Netscape 4.7 for mac. Is there a way to position the drop down menu so it stays in the absolute same place no matter which browser you use?
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

This could be to do with browser margins.

The developers of the browsers decided that it would be a good idea to have different margin sizes so that anyone positioning objects in the browser using absolute pixel positioning would appear different.

The best way around this is to set the margins to zero.

This should do the trick

Code: Select all

<BODY  topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
-- Andy[/b]
ZildjianKX
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ZildjianKX »

Thanks for the reply :) Changing the margins seems to work in all browsers except Netscape 4.7... would you happen to know how to get it to work in Netscape? Tx
ZildjianKX
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ZildjianKX »

Actually, my real problem is that when you set the margins in netscape to zero, they don't match the zero MSIE margins... and the Netscape 4.7 PC and Mac versions don't match... help! LoL
68impala
Beginner
Beginner

Post by 68impala »

hey ZildjianKX,

add this to your css block or include:

body,div,span {margin:0px; padding:0px;}
or add this to your body tag:

<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
if you are going to support all browsers do both I guess.