Javascript in URL

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
selfsimilar@hotmail.com
Beginner
Beginner

Javascript in URL

Post by selfsimilar@hotmail.com »

I would like to include a onmouseover and onmouseout calls to pop-ups in some menu urls. How can I do this?
icehorse@light-house.net
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Javascript in URL

Post by icehorse@light-house.net »

This all depends on what you are doing with the mouseovers. Are you just wanting to swap images or are we doing something more complex?
webmaster@wintipps.com
Beginner
Beginner

Post by webmaster@wintipps.com »

I want to use it to call OverLib pop-ups (see http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/ ).

It requires the following

onmouseover="return overlib('message');"
onmouseout="return nd();"

I wll provide the user with addition information about the content of the link they would go to - essentially a tooltip
RexManning
Beginner
Beginner

Post by RexManning »

Hmmm -- looks like there some sort of conflicts between mmenu.js and overlib.js. They cannot co-exist let alone have menu items call overlib.

Not sure where the problem is.

Oh well - I sure like mmenu.js but I have a critical need for overlib pop-ups.
jlpraz@corobori.com
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jlpraz@corobori.com »

I think there is a way to make this work, I just haven't been able to work out the syntax you need to use to embed it in the menu. I'm sure Andy can work out the logic on this one though, I've seen him do it before. The problem is you have to escape from certain characters, most notably the " marks, otherwise the menu reads it an and of variable and things go boom. At best I can get nothing to happen and the menu works, or an error is reported about expected ')' and the menu works. At worst no menu.
scaraballo@bwfund.org
Beginner
Beginner

Post by scaraballo@bwfund.org »

Hello,

The problem is the Overlib.js file has a function called disp and the menu uses a variable called disp.

I renamed the variable in mmenu.js and everything worked. I'll make sure that this variable has a permenant fix in the new version.

BTW there are only 3 references to disp in mmenu.js so as long as you rename each instance of disp to say mdisp everything should be ok.

-- Andy