How to make submenus, background images and frames work

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
liwebsolutions
Advanced
Advanced

How to make submenus, background images and frames work

Post by liwebsolutions »

The following is in my frame_header and is the best of many trial and errors sessions with still no result. The following is happening:
1-the submenu does not appear in the frame_body.
2-the overbackimage stays as long as the mouse is anywhere in the frame_header menu and is not replaced by the backimage until the mouse is moved out of the menu. I did try backimage and overbackimage with the show-menu string but the top menu did not have any images for the item

,"Desc Text","show-menu=submenu target=frame_body;sourceframe=main",
"# backimage=image.gif;overbackimage=image_over.gif","Status",1

Thanks in advance for any help; my will to conquer has faded.
menufurfer
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by menufurfer »

I'm not all that sure what role the sourceframe command plays. I didn't use it with my original frames. But in tinkering with it, as I recall, I seem to remember my menus didn't work right if the the target and sourceframe names were different.

If the name of your target is frame_body, try making your sourceframe the same name.

Anyone? What does sourceframe do? /mfurf
liwebsolutions
Advanced
Advanced

Post by liwebsolutions »

Thanks furfer..the sourceframe name change put the submenu in the frame_body. My will to conquer has been revived.... I still have problem 2 in my original posting though (argh!).... Now I am trying to figure out how to place the submenus with the suboffset_top, suboffset_left, Frames_Top_Offset and Frames_Left_Offset
menufurfer
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by menufurfer »

I didn't see your post until now. On no. 2, I can't be of much help since I decided not to use images: even if they work right they are extra overhead. I don't think anyone misses them.

On positioning the menus, this is generally trial and error although I don't think most of those offset values need be changed.

If you still have trouble finetuning, I can go look at my settings. My menus are centered under a topframe. Are you using a top or side frame as your base? /mfurf
liwebsolutions
Advanced
Advanced

Post by liwebsolutions »

thanks furf...top hor with 1 sub menu uder the item...see a more recent posting with a url
juztin187
Beginner
Beginner

iframe and menu overlapping

Post by juztin187 »

i have my menu on the left side of the screen and an iframe on the right of it. the menu links target to the iframe next to it. i noticed on ie 5.5 and higher that the menu extensions overlapped the iframe, but any ie under 5.5 showed the iframe in front of the menu extensions and the menu extensions were covered behind it. is there any way to fix this so the menu extension will always show in front of it? is there a javascript to make the menu override or hide the iframe when selected?