Load Specifier for Frames Menu

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
steven.h.huang@rogers.com
Beginner
Beginner

Load Specifier for Frames Menu

Post by steven.h.huang@rogers.com »

For the cross-frames version of the menu I could use a load specifier option.

If I email a clickable option (or it's hanging out in a search engine somewhere) to a certain page on the site, the click takes you there, but of course it bypasses the frames and shows the page minus the site's frames setting. The page is an option on the milonic menu but the menu system has been bypassed by the search engine.

I would like to be able to further specify the click as if the user had gone to the website and clicked menu option X to get that page. The user sees the specified page within the framed setting of the site and not as an autonomous page.

I might for example name an internal page "thispage.html"

A seeker might see it in a search result or in an email and click on it. As thispage.html loads, a javascript in the head section calls the index file with its frameset commands and executes the menu option corresponding to the page the user expects to see.

Throw that in the hopper. .