Menu Items withOUT submenus... problem

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
ashton2000
Beginner
Beginner

Menu Items withOUT submenus... problem

Post by ashton2000 »

When viewing my menu in IE6.0, the menu headers that do not have submenus seem to have a white background behind the text. I've checked all my settings, but still can't fix it. Is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced this? My temporary fix was that I made my menus backgrounds white (they were navy) and my text navy (it was white). When I make those changes it works ok, but is obviously not what was intended.

Thanks in advance.
Scott
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Scott »

Hi Ashton,

When you say menu header do you mean menus using the header tag.. if so then the header element has it's own color property in the array set up. (Last two lines of the stle set..

"DADADA", // Menu Header Font Color (Leave blank if headers are not needed)
"322856", // Menu Header Background Color (Leave blank if headers are not needed)

..)

Might be worth checking these as I fell over that when I first used the header style.. :P
The lobsters are coming!!!
Scott
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Scott »

I've just had another though.. the menus take advantage of the fade effect available in IE5.5 or higher check for the following line in your array..

effect = "Fade(duration=0.2);Alpha(style=0,opacity=80);Shadow(color='#777777', Direction=135, Strength=1)")

The Alpha opacity denotes the opacity of the menu if you have a quite low value this would explain why you have a background color showing through.
The lobsters are coming!!!