NS4 fails - "SwapIM[el] has no properties" in mmen

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
wwwolf
Beginner
Beginner

NS4 fails - "SwapIM[el] has no properties" in mmen

Post by wwwolf »

Tearing hair here and hunted through forum without success.

Menus working fine in NS6 and IE5. Successfully separated arrays into several files (still have problem if glued back together though!). Got two menus on the page (still have problem if kill one though!)....

NS4.79 symptoms -
(2 and 3 documented elsewhere, but couldn't see fixes)
(4 and 5 are the critical ones!)

1. main menus load OK
2. any transparent bg items black blocks
3. the mouseover colour changes don't revert (though sometimes do when mouse is removed from menu altogether. Pointer images sometimes disappear and don't come back (can't see a pattern tho).
4. on every mouseover, javascript error generated: "SwapIM[el] has no properties" at line 61 in mmenu.js
5. the submenus don't appear at all

The script/sample I downloaded ('headers as dividers') works OK in NS4.79, but attempts to simplify my settings back to something close to what I started with are still generating the same errors.

Has anyone else had this error message/behaviour? It's probably something really trivial - I've been staring at this too long...
8O

Thanks, Jon

(Sorry not to post link to page - it's got sensitive stuff on it right now. If essential to debug this, let me know and I'll edit it down!)
wwwolf
Beginner
Beginner

Some progress...

Post by wwwolf »

Hmmm... some progress... if I take out the submenu arrays but not the references to them in the main menu, then IE5.5 and NS6 break in a very similar way to NS4.79. Suspect that for some reason NS4.79 is looking for a non-existent submenu which the other are not? Still hunting...
wwwolf
Beginner
Beginner

Covered in shame....

Post by wwwolf »

I found it. Stupid. A credit to tolerance that it worked in IE5 and NS6 at all. I used IMAGE instead of IMG. Lesson - look for the really stupid things FIRST! Now works fine in NS4 as well. :oops: